Need the function of cutting MIDI clips into separate notes!

Vyacheslav

8 hours ago, Craig Anderton said:

Why do you need this?

I need to process each note with envelopes. For example, The Trumpet is an Expression Controller (CC11): selecting each note in a clip is inconvenient; and clips cut into notes can be easily selected with a mouse.

3 hours ago, Vyacheslav said:

I need to process each note with envelopes. For example, The Trumpet is an Expression Controller (CC11): selecting each note in a clip is inconvenient; and clips cut into notes can be easily selected with a mouse.

Why don't you just use the track's in line piano roll instead of the PRV?

2 hours ago, JoseC said:

You don't need to use it for more than as a  guide for aligning your envelopes with your notes.

Thank you, but I don’t see the ability to edit envelopes in the piano roll: I created the CC11 envelope in Track View, but I can’t see it in the piano roll.

TY for this recent line of discussion. Since the X Series, I had never before stumbled onto the Event Filter and had been missing it.  Also, after searching "inline" in the current reference guide and bouncing between the guide and a recent tune, I found a chain nested of menus/submenus that enabled me to make the inline piano roll view  acessible via double clicking behavior.

I did not know about this specific personal workflow preference (perhaps because it is somewhat "hidden"), but retrospectively it is the kind of workflow preference I had in mind a month or so ago when I suggested a new category ("workflow preferences," I think I called it for Lenses  [soon-to-be Workspaces]).  

So, thanks for pointing out these features!

image.png.7c0d2e7f7e448156455c83ed6a6f4995.png   image.thumb.png.526332d0378179624be4af4e794462bf.png 

image.thumb.png.28f36aa87b5e43be359937298eca5a21.png

Edited by User 905133
to add an internal link to the suggestion of "Workflow Preferences"

2 hours ago, scook said:

To use the regular PRV, CC data must be recorded like the rest of the MIDI data or entered directly into the controller pane in the PRV.

That seems like a better option than what you want, because you don't have to first select the note, then add the controller. You can just Alt+click in the controller pane at the beginning of a note, and click at the desired value. If needed, you can then drag to edit the controller value.

5 hours ago, Vyacheslav said:

Thank you, but I don’t see the ability to edit envelopes in the piano roll: I created the CC11 envelope in Track View, but I can’t see it in the piano roll.

What Scook said: I said "inline piano roll" (in Track View), not the Piano Roll View

8 hours ago, David Baay said:

Speediest workaround to split notes to clips:

- Set 'Selection after single split' in Preferences > Editing to 'Right portion'.

- Select the clip

- Alternately type Tab and S as fast as you can to split your way through the clip.

Thanks, it works! But this is what happens:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlLNG4SDVWiJgoh-jkaGZ6j3B_fRUA

That is, one press of Tab and then S is normal, and the second calls the TrackInspector, activates the Solo track, activates Loop, opens the Browser and mutes the clip. :) But I will practice! 💪

Edited by Vyacheslav

Yes. But with your method, I need to select each note separately, constantly changing the size of the rhythmic grid. And when a clip is cut into notes, each note is highlighted when a clip is selected and without changing the rhythmic grid. That is, this method is faster with fewer mouse manipulations.

blob.thumb.png.5594e74bc10160d6b427cb1d3136cbea.png