New computer prep

LNovik@aol.com

Question

I have a new faster computer, having recently replaced my 8-9 year old model. I have downloaded CBL, as well as drivers for my MIDI and Audio interfaces. Since I had upgraded Melodyne, I was easily able to re-download that version onto my new computer as well. However, I'm not quite sure what CBL contains. Before that, I had Producer X3. This naturally comes with certain effects, soft synths, and other software. Do I have to download Producer X3 onto my new computer as well. If so, I can't seem to find my old disks. However, I'll focus on that problem once I have an answer to the question of whether or not any previous versions of Sonar would combine with the current CBL program to offer me any  more functionality than regular, basic CBL.

Thanks.

LNovik

6 answers to this question

Download and install X3. The installers should be in your old Cakewalk account

You can skip installing the DAW  and jinstall the plug-ins by running the installer, selecting 64bit and advanced install options then select the parts to install although it may be easier to just run a full install.

Plug-ins included with CbB http://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=Cakewalk&language=3&help=Plug-ins.1.html

Plug-ins included with X3 http://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=SONAR X3&language=3&help=Plug-ins.1.html

For Addictive Drums use the XLN Audio installer. There is a link to it on this page https://www.xlnaudio.com/demos

• Thanks 1

Before one can proceed with installing X3 producer, the installers must be available on a local drive.

This has always been the case.

The detailed instructions for X3 are here.

Once all the 02_SONAR_X3 parts are downloaded, starting part 1 will present the 64bit and advanced install options.

• Thanks 1

Thanks very much for that comprehensive reply, especially with the links. So, I assume when I'm finally ready to download these, I'll just only copy the plugs-ins from X3 which are not included with CbB.  And, I realize I can go to that other link for Addictive Drums.

Thanks again.

LNovik

Hi,

It's not quite as easy as I thought. I do remember in the past that when I initially downloaded X3 or similar apps, there was always that box that gave me the option of a regular installation or a custom. I figured I would do the custom one and just load the plug-ins, as Scook suggested. However, when I go to the linked site of all my Cakewalk purchases, I don't seem to see the option that would get me to this initial dialogue box. Instead I see links to download parts 1 thru 4 of Sonar x3, and then some "loop" types of files. I can copy the screen shot, though it may be difficult to read. THus, I'm wondering how I can do this "Plug-in" only download. I guess I could just download the whole thing.

I can't even seem to upload the screen shot. Sorry.

LNovik