Why don't my EQ presets save?

Jeremiah86

Which version, which build number of Cakewalk/Sonar?

Which operating system?

Which EQ?  Prochannel EQor a 3rd party VST EQ Plugin

How are you saving them - in a project, in a track template, as an actual preset?  Are you saving it using the generic plugin saving mechanism or an internal plugin preset management system

Can you please provide more information.

Hi

Yes Sonitus EQ

Windows 10.. trying to save them in a project but would like them saved across the whole program so when I start a new project I can select 'Cath Fiddle' From EQ presets.

"Are you saving it using the generic plugin saving mechanism or an internal plugin preset management system"

Not sure if I understand, but I'm saving it within the sonitus plug in I guess.

I bet if you run Cakewalk as Administrator, you can save the presets you want. Then they are available in later sessions without Admin privileges.

There's a hack you can do to lower the privilege level required to write to the specific ini file used by Sonitus, if this is a convenience you want.

See scook's post below.

Edited by Colin Nicholls
Corrected my faulty memory as per scook's post

19 hours ago, Colin Nicholls said:

I bet if you run Cakewalk as Administrator, you can save the presets you want. Then they are available in later sessions without Admin privileges.

There's a hack you can do to lower the privilege level required to write to the specific registry keys used by Sonitus, if this is a convenience you want. The post is on the forum somewhere...

Surely this is a bug... right?

You can always save it as an FX chain. FX chain will recall presets. Or create a Track Template. I believe those also retain preset info.

1 hour ago, Jeremiah86 said:

Surely this is a bug... right?

The whole plug in suite is a bug. They are like a million years old. They were built on the Windows XP (or even ME) platform.

Don't get me wrong, I love those plug ins. the Sonitus Delay probably being one of my favorites but they were created in the days before UAC control.

Either use the Cakewalk preset manager (A, B, C and D) in the image below

Mixing.28.1.png

or modify the ini file to use the Sonitus plug-in manager like this

• Right-click the ini file and select Properties from the context menu
  • Click Security tab in the Properties window
  • Click the Edit button
  • Click on Users
  • Click on Write
  • Click OK

Edxitai.png

Note the other ini files in the "Shared Plug-ins" folder for the other Sonitus plug-ins will need to be updated to use the preset manager in those plug-ins too.

• Like 2