Automation - turn on/off efx plug-ins

pdarg

Hi Cakewalk users,

This is not normally something that I do, but I want to be able to turn on/off a plug-in effect on a bus - recording the exact time using automation.

Is this possible? If so, how would this be done?

I am trying to turn on a vocal delay for the last word in a verse, but I then need to turn it off again again a few seconds later.

Thanks in advance!

Depends on the plug-in

If it is a VST3 look for a "host bypass" option in the plug-in parameters.

Other formats may have an on/off option in the plug-in parameters if the plug-in UI has an on/off button (wet/dry or mix may also work).

If the plug-in has neither of these available the effect is still possible but may use clip FX racks or additional buses.

AFAIK all SoundToys are VST2 but the three delays I looked at EchoBoy, EchoBoy Jr and PrimalTap all have a Bypass button which may be automated.

Consider using an automation lane to draw the envelope instead of recording it.

To record automation, write enable automation in the header above the plug-in UI (the W just above the Bypass button) and click the Bypass button while the transport is running. Writing automation does not depend on Recording.

For more info see http://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=Cakewalk&language=3&help=Automation.06.html

• Great Idea 1