AIR BOOM + Amazing Crossgrade Opportunity

Reid Rosefelt

BOOM is now available at Plugin Boutique for $4.99.

However, if you have Pro Tools or other qualifying software, you are eligible to buy BOOM for the special price of $49.99.

Buy or crossgrade HERE

Knowing AIR though, this may be your last chance to get it for $4.99.  Plugin Boutique is likely to offer it for free at some point. 

Edited by Reid Rosefelt
  • Haha 1

Call me slow but, can you explain to me the difference and why one would buy the crossgrade - for AAX?  Are they the same product?  I have AIEP3 so eligible for the crossgrade but that would be stupid if it is the same package. 

EDIT: I see both are AU & VST only, so...

Edited by Fwrend

I was kidding.

They are the same and it is nuts.  Methinks that BOOM used to be something like $99 and then the crossgrade made sense.  But they reduced BOOM to $4.99 and didn't change the other thing. 

But this is par for the course for the way AIR and SONiVOX (owned by the same company) products are sold.  Prices all over the place.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Mesh said:

I had the same thoughts...why crossgrade when the original is $4.99? I briefly scanned over the description and they both seemed to be the same product. O.o 

Soemtimes you can buy the single instruments for dirt cheap and then cross grade to Complete for like $50-70 at Plugin Boutique.  So that's something to look out for.  The AIR Synths are pretty decent, as are the Instruments (the keyboards, at least).  I guess if you need (for more than playback, like Kontakt Player or Halion Sonic SE) a Sampler Structure is usable.  It has decent 3rd party library support (EXS, REX, etc.).

BOOM is okay for $4.99,  but I think you can do the same stuff in Strike, IIRC (Boom is just dead simple and easier to work with)...

Edited by Some Guy
  • Like 2