Spitfire Audio App updated to 3.1.10

cclarry

It did speed up loading the BBCSO for me (from 10 minutes to 5 minutes) but is still a long way from making it usable (that's on a very fast SATA internal mounted SSD).  The LABS stuff loads so fast I'm not sure you'd even notice if it was/wasn't optimized.  For me BBCSO took more than two hours to optimize, LABS only took a minute or so.  Still not sure what exactly it does (other than re-write all the files).

• Thanks 1

They did ship version 1.0.5 and they are working with us I guess.  I've been sending emails back and forth, 2 or 3 cycles a week pretty much.  But from other posts on VI I'm not really sure anyone is happy with it on a PC.  To be honest I'm not sure I believe it's working that well on a Mac, given how it works on the PC, but I haven't seen Mac users complaining. I'm half-tempted to buy a copy of Logic and stick it on the headless MacMini in my office I use as a compile box and just see how it runs, but that Mac really isn't what I'd call close to modern or reasonable for a DAW.  

As long as you can survive crazy high settings on preload and streaming buffer (ie you have a ton of physical ram) 1.0.5 will mostly playback OK.   It's scary how much better EastWest Hollywood Orchestra is as far as resources/load times/and playback.  And I always thought it was awful in those areas.

Good news is they still haven't quite yet given up.  But I'm not sure they are really getting serious either, I would have sent out custom instrumented builds by this point to people like me and maybe connected in to look at it in person.

• Thanks 1

I tried running it - but I'm getting "Something Went Wrong - Are you connected to the internet?" (Obviously I am).

Anyone else having this problem?

FIXED:

I had to redownload the app from Spitfire site. This repaired everything and then gave me the option to optimize my sample libraries.

Edited by Philip G Hunt
  • Like 1