UI Flexibility

Cookie Jarvis

For myself I'd like to get my UI real estate cleaned up. I'd like the ability to remove the Multi-Dock and Browser...they serve no purpose for me and take up valuable screen space. Why does everything open in the Multi-Dock so I have to undock the window to move it to another monitor. I'd love to see UI choices...not everyone is working on a 14" laptop...I've got 3 monitors with the ability to add a 4th...I don't need everything in Cakewalk to be opened at the same time let alone all shoved into a single space. I'll have up to 100 tracks going and viewing sperate(and uncluttered) Track view and Console view is very important to me. Generally the left monitor is for Track View, the upper monitor for the Console View, and the right monitor for Synth Rack, Melodyne, plugins, etc.

Bill

back in the old forum i suggested that moving to the new x-series gui was a missed opportunity to introduce scalability (vectorised rather than bitmapped) to the gui, and noel responded that i might be surprised with upcoming changes, but then it all went pear-shaped... so you never know :) (i looked but couldn't find that post)

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

On 1/23/2019 at 9:24 AM, pwalpwal said:

back in the old forum i suggested that moving to the new x-series gui was a missed opportunity to introduce scalability (vectorised rather than bitmapped) to the gui, and noel responded that i might be surprised with upcoming changes, but then it all went pear-shaped... so you never know :) (i looked but couldn't find that post)

I thnk that would be a massive move in the right direction , displays have come on leaps and bounds and it's set to continue. It doesn't seem that long ago that a 17" CRT was de-reguer and I had a 24" widescreen TV.....now I have 2 x 24" panels and a 43"  LED TV for about the same as that 17" cost me in 1997 !

Edited by CosmicDolphin