Cakewalk and .cdg? Time for Karaoke!!! :)

RexRed

It would be really REALLY nice if Cakewalk would not only load karaoke .cdg files but also save and edit in that format.

How many of us have songs we have made in Cakewalk that we would love to take a thumb drive to our local karaoke bar with .cdg files and sing our own songs there?

Cakewalk could easily be the defacto standard for Karaoke.

Some may think it might cheapen the Cakewalk experience but on the other hand it would draw a hoard of users in who would not only create their music in Cakewalk but also export their music from Cakewalk. The current Karaoke builders are so crappy (in my opinion) and a really good one might actually create a "music revolution". 

What would it take?

Overhaul lyric view and create a new karaoke view allow for a few bitmaps to be loaded in with a timeline and video pane and export capabilities?

Lyric view sorely needs updating anyway (it is so buggy).  

Please consider this. Thanks. 

@RexRed While the idea may, or may not be a good idea the Feedback Loop is the section dedicated to

Provide feedback on features, ideas and requests for future releases of Cakewalk by BandLab.

Posting your idea in the Feedback Loop will give forum members that may not frequent this section an opportunity to read, support and discuss your idea.  I hope you will take time to create a thread in the Feedback Loop.  Here is a link:  https://discuss.cakewalk.com/index.php?/forum/8-feedback-loop/

• Like 1

Thanks Jim for the suggestion about the feedback loop. I posted this in a hurry and forgot about that.

Mettelus, It would be nice if mp4 was the karaoke standard but most karaoke DJs are still using  .cdg because old karaoke monitors are still often in the loop.

Either way Cakewalk should go karaoke. Cakewalk has all of the groundwork laid out to do so. I just bought Karaoke Builder Studio tonight. It is actually quite a sophisticated  program and has improved a lot. I am fascinated by it now.

It would be a gargantuan task for Cakewalk to add that kind of functionality. 

Even the old karaoke standard is quite rich but going MP4 would certainly make things easier in certain ways and maybe harder in others.

The karaoke programs have a lot of stuff built into them to aid that very process where a program like Premiere and also After Effects you need to use a slew of effects to accomplish the same thing but the possibilities are limitless in the Adobe apps. 

I am having fun with the Karaoke Builder I just wish Cakewalk could do this...

And export in .cdg 

• Like 1