Mastering Engineer Recommendations?

Dave King

Hi,

I'm completing a full album project and am looking for someone to do the mastering.  Unfortunately, the studio I used in the past is no longer in operation.  I'm an indie singer-songwriter type with a lot of acoustic guitar based songs.  However they include full band productions.  As usual, I need to do this economically, yet first-class if possible.  If anyone has any recommendations to share, I would appreciate it.  Thanks!

What the scope of the project, and what's your budget? Also, what kind of mastering style are you into?

I've had a bunch of stuff mastered by various people and they all did their job well, so based on your posting I could recommend almost any random mastering engineer who fits your budget. Also, where are you based, and does it matter to you where the ME is based?

Shameless self-promotion allowed?

I've mastered quite a few records now and been using Sonar for MANY years! Done many different styles, from acoustic stuff to full on electronica. 

Here's the first tune off my second album:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHsvRHde7Ys

Let me know if I can be of service!

ricobelled@gmail.com

www.RicoBelled.com

• Thanks 1

That's an interesting sounding band, Rico. Do you have any live recordings to share?

@Dave, You aren't too clear about what you're seeking. There are a lot of talented folks who might help. How about posting one of your songs for us to listen to. 

Edited by Gswitz

2 hours ago, Gswitz said:

That's an interesting sounding band, Rico. Do you have any live recordings to share?

@Dave, You aren't too clear about what you're seeking. There are a lot of talented folks who might help. How about posting one of your songs for us to listen to. 

Gswitz,

Thanks for listening! On my record there's lots of different guys, and I have had many different musicians live too! You can find a couple of tunes on youtube like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhruFyHhuMM

So blessed to have all these incredible musicians wanting to play my silly tunes!

R

• Like 1