Did your kids ever learn to turn off the lights?

Gswitz

Actually on-topic, I've been getting those new LIFX bulbs (one per month) until I now have four in my bedroom/office (one on the ceiling and the others in three different corners).  Using an app on my phone I have them set to softly come on in the morning with a warm color, ramp up to fully on at the "coldest" (i.e., highest frequency) color during the work day, then slowly dim (at a warmer color) from around 8:30 pm until 10:30 pm when the three in the corners go out.  When I go to bed I just turn off the last one and it's pretty much completely dark!  This has really helped my sleep patterns.

Sure, they can do colors and party tricks (like strobing or syncing to music), but I'm really happy with them just as white bulb replacements.

I also have recently found that they have an SDK and a lively app development community, so I might just make my own app to control them for my phone.  Cool!  🙂

• Like 1

5 hours ago, craigb said:

Actually on-topic, I've been getting those new LIFX bulbs (one per month) until I now have four in my bedroom/office (one on the ceiling and the others in three different corners).  Using an app on my phone I have them set to softly come on in the morning with a warm color, ramp up to fully on at the "coldest" (i.e., highest frequency) color during the work day, then slowly dim (at a warmer color) from around 8:30 pm until 10:30 pm when the three in the corners go out.  When I go to bed I just turn off the last one and it's pretty much completely dark!  This has really helped my sleep patterns.

Sure, they can do colors and party tricks (like strobing or syncing to music), but I'm really happy with them just as white bulb replacements.

I also have recently found that they have an SDK and a lively app development community, so I might just make my own app to control them for my phone.  Cool!  🙂

Too much technology for me!