Did your kids ever learn to turn off the lights?

Gswitz

Just curious. No reason in particular... except my kid always leaves my gear on... she twiddles the compressor settings... she leaves the interface and pres on... not to mention the bathroom light.

She's 16.

Should I keep trying or is there no hope?

No kids, but I still get this bulls#*t letter from the Light company every other month telling me I'm using 150% more electricity than my neighbors and it shows a cute little graph with me supposedly waaay above the rest lol. Lies. I sit in the dark a third of the time. It's this standard letter that they try half-assedly to make look personalized but it's standard and I believe they send this letter to everyone as a clever idea some manager type dude had to get everyone to conserve - which in and of itself is not a bad thing, but. Lol as I live alone now there's no way I'm using 150% more electricity than the families around me, and my studio's almost fully itb. And each time they send the letter too the percentage of how much more I'm using than my neighbors increases lol. Last time it was something like 110%. Now it's over 150%. How high's it gonna get? 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Christian Jones said:

And each time they send the letter too the percentage of how much more I'm using than my neighbors increases lol. Last time it was something like 110%. Now it's over 150%. How high's it gonna get? 

Electric heaters, air conditioners, dehumidifiers and refrigerators are the main users of electricity...not lights.

9 hours ago, Christian Jones said:

No kids, but I still get this bulls#*t letter from the Light company every other month telling me I'm using 150% more electricity than my neighbors and it shows a cute little graph with me supposedly waaay above the rest lol. Lies. I sit in the dark a third of the time. It's this standard letter that they try half-assedly to make look personalized but it's standard and I believe they send this letter to everyone as a clever idea some manager type dude had to get everyone to conserve - which in and of itself is not a bad thing, but. Lol as I live alone now there's no way I'm using 150% more electricity than the families around me, and my studio's almost fully itb. And each time they send the letter too the percentage of how much more I'm using than my neighbors increases lol. Last time it was something like 110%. Now it's over 150%. How high's it gonna get? 

Have you checked (somehow) if someone is tapping your electricity.

When they did work on the building, rented apartment, my electricity bill got higher. The only explanation i could think of was that the workers had tapped my line somehow.

I get those letters too.   Hey I can turn off the central air and take my daughter most likely to the doctor for asthma attack which will cost me a lot more then paying for the CA on.  We were gone in the spring for vacation. Turned off everything I could think off. Even the humidifier and the letter said I used over 150% then homes around me.  Something isn't right here. Another one is a employee had both kids move out of the house last year. So only him and his wife. They both still work and he gets the letter that he is using 150% more too😣  He is like How! 

14 hours ago, Christian Jones said:

I'm using 150% more electricity than my neighbors and it shows a cute little graph with me supposedly waaay above the rest lol. get? 

I can see you are on to their little tricks. In my case I know beyond a shadow of a doubt I use more electricity than my neighbors...they're both Amish :P

I need help with emoji....it seemed to express something I was feeling.

For the old timers ( I'm one too) this probably isn't the answer you wanted.......I put most of my lights, my thermostat and a fan on my Alexa. We have three Alexas scattered around the house. If someone goes off to work and forgets to turn the light off Alexa will use the timer to turn it off. Same for the HVAC system..or anything else. " Alexa make it warmer". She raises my temp 2F. Same with lowering my temp.

One other thing I would like to do with Alexa is hook a record player through a WEMO or similar. Have it set up on a record I like  and have her turn it on in the morning to wake up to. My coffee pot is also programmed to turn on. This isn't laziness, it's mainly me needing to get up early and be out quickly. The more stuff she does the more time I save. Heck my dish washer has an app in it but I haven't downloaded it yet. Wouldn't it be nice to have Alexa run my bathwater in the evenings....I might need to look into that. 

Edited by Starise