UNABLE TO UNINSTALL CAKEWALK

I cannot find any way to uninstall Cakewalk? There is not an uninstall assistant or tab available in any of the normal places you would find it in Windows. How do I go about uninstalling the program and reinstalling a clean version of the program?  The BandLab assistant does not load properly on my desk top and it will not allow me to download another version of the software. can someone please help me. I am I the middle of trying to produce a new CD and I am having a really rough time of it. Thank you!

I believe this post

belongs in this thread

It is true the clean install instructions first step is uninstall.

For CbB, this is done using the uninstall option in BandLab Assistant

242xmEe.png

If this does not work, your best recourse is contacting support.

If you are having trouble with BandLab Assistant you could uninstall, download a fresh copy from https://www.bandlab.com/products/cakewalk and re-install it

BA will probably think CbB is still installed and the uninstall option will be available on the menu.

If not, instead of an "Open" button BA will show an Install or Update button.  Run the Install/Update option

If, for some reason, BA does not uninstall CbB, it is possible to fake out BA into thinking CbB is not installed.

BA stores records of what it has installed in the registry.

The CbB entry is HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cakewalk Music Software\Cakewalk\Installers\DC294903-7970-42DB-B049-04FA5E7C6332

Double check the record and verify the ExePath in the record points to Cakewalk.exe. If it does, deleting this registry entry makes BA think CbB is not installed allowing one to download and install CbB. This may be enough to get CbB operational.

Given your description of the state of your PC, I will re-iterate my suggestion to contact support.

• 1 year later...