Horizontal scroll bar - update -2019-01

RBH

Not an issue - but just an observation. Anyone noticing that the horizontal scroll bar in both track and PRV does not widen to reflect the relative zoom level ? not sure if this is an anomaly or was maybe something done for a reason?

Scroll bars shrinking and stretching when available window content changes is normal behavior in any Windows/Mac environment.

In CbB the horizontal bar (at the bottom) never grows or shrinks when zooming in or out. The vertical one does.

Common throughout the "X" series. I checked Sonar X1 and found neither one stretches.

Edited by sjoens

33 minutes ago, msmcleod said:

I think the OP means this isn't happening:

scrollbar.gif

Thanks for the animated picture.  

I just checked it out in Cakewalk and you are right . It should grow and shrink as one zooms in and out.  

Thanks for the animation as well. I don't have a pic sight that I can upload too.  And yes - that is the behavior I was noticing. As I said,  not really an issue - just an observation. I actually glance at that - especially in console view to give me an indication of tracks not viewable in the current scroll position. It's such a small thing - that I didn't even notice that I actually  reference it --------- until it was missing.

Something similar in Console View.  Add an Aux or other track to a full console and the scroll bar actually expands to full width of the console so you can't move either direction.  Switch to track view and back to console view and the scroll bar is back to where it should be and usable again.  Just began noticing this with the new update.

- Mike

26 minutes ago, MichaelE said:

Something similar in Console View.  Add an Aux or other track to a full console and the scroll bar actually expands to full width of the console so you can't move either direction.  Switch to track view and back to console view and the scroll bar is back to where it should be and usable again.  Just began noticing this with the new update.

- Mike

I think this ^^ makes it a bug that needs to be addressed by TTFKATB (the team formerly known as the bakers). 😉

1 minute ago, sjoens said:

Little things that make me wait to update. Sometimes I don't wanna update. But with the DEMO thing happening to those who don't update makes me think they gotcha either way. >:(

At least with SPLAT you had the option of updating or not.

I don't think you need to update to stop the DEMO thing happening - as long as you periodically run BandLab Assistant you should be ok.

5 hours ago, msmcleod said:

FWIW, the reason I quoted is because the original post was about the scroll bar, which has nothing to do with CW going into demo mode.... and there's no way I can tell if someone is editing a post. I'm no mind reader.

But  - you are a heck of a great resource to this forum.  In case you couldn't read my mind. :)

• Thanks 1

On 1/25/2019 at 7:35 AM, Royarn said:

doing the same on Platinum so it must have been going on for quite some time.

Roy

I thought that the expanding scroll bar was normal to CbB behavior, mostly recall it when I was trying to edit a theme a few weeks back. I am a walking- talking full time senior moment in action though - . I forget , then re-learn things everyday.

1 hour ago, RBH said:

thought that the expanding scroll bar was normal to CbB behavior, mostly recall it when I was trying to edit a theme a few weeks back. I am a walking- talking full time senior moment in action though - . I forget , then re-learn things everyday.

I took a break and it seems at my older age I tend to forget the littlest of things. Better then the alternative of not being here.