Annoying track select behavior

sven450

I have not been working in CBandlab much in the past few months, so perhaps this was part of a new update, but track resizing and selecting seems to be different than what I remember.

It seems new that when in track view, if I select a track, it automatically gets resized to "large", while simultaneously "shrinking" any track that was formerly enlarged.  This is annoying. Sometimes I just want to select, not resize.

Furthermore, if I have take lanes open on one track then  I select another track, it un-take lanes the original track. In essence, it makes it hard to have two tracks enlarged both with take lanes open.

And lastly, trying to manually resize a track by dragging its bottom edge resizes ALL tracks by default.  It is not until I select the track from its number in the corner, than resize that it will only resize the track I'm trying to manipulate.

Did I just hit a weird button or something?  I really dislike this behavior and will switch it off if one of you wonderful people just tells me how.

Thanks!

WAIT!  I just discovered this:

Auto Zoom the current track

When Auto Zoom is enabled, the current track will automatically zoom and any lanes will be shown at their minimum height, and all other tracks will be minimized. When a new track is focused, it swaps heights with the previously focused track.

Auto Zoom allows you to show more tracks or buses simultaneously as a result of having all but one zoomed out vertically.

Note: When Auto Zoom is enabled, it is not possible to resize individual tracks. All non-focused tracks always have the same track height. If a non-focused track is resized, all others resize with it. All Minimize Strip and Restore Strip buttons are also hidden.

To enable/disable Auto Zoom

Do one of the following:

Click the Track view Views menu and select Auto Zoom.

Press SHIFT+Z.

Maybe in a frantic attempt to UNDO something with CTRL Z, I hit SHIFT Z.  I'll investigate later tonight....

10 minutes ago, sven450 said:

It seems new that when in track view, if I select a track, it automatically gets resized to "large", while simultaneously "shrinking" any track that was formerly enlarged.  This is annoying. Sometimes I just want to select, not resize.

Yes, this is an old feature called Auto Track Zoom

Prior to 2019.09 the feature was bound to SHIFT+Z

The keyboard shortcut was removed in 2019.09

7 minutes ago, sven450 said:

Wait, if the keyboard shortcut was removed, then is there a way to NOT use Auto Track Zoom?

I was very disappointed when I found the keyboard shortcut had been removed, Auto Zoom is a great feature. But, it's easy to get it back. Go to preferences > key bindings and for Area, choose Track View. In Search, enter zoom. Go to the bottom of the list, and you'll see View | Auto Track Zoom. Assign to Shift+Z, and you're back. You can also choose via the Track View's View menu, but I prefer a keyboard shortcut.

• Like 1