Drum Map for Keyswitches PITA!

ModMan

Hi,

I'm trying to create a drum map for IK Modo Bass so I can have the keyswitches named as well as having the standard playable midi notes. 

Man, what a massive pain to set this up. That drum-map editor is out of the ark. I'm wondering if there's any plans on the horizon to either:

1) Support adding named keyswitches to PRV

2) Improve the editing of the drum map process - perhaps based upon XML so I can edit in my own editor

Here's hoping!

Mike

No doubt the whole issue of alternate note names and MIDI translation needs to be revisited. That said there are options today that may be useful.

2 hours ago, ModMan said:

1) Support adding named keyswitches to PRV

Today this is done by extending the .Note Names and .Instrument Definitions in master.ins. Here is a discussion about this from a few days ago

2 hours ago, ModMan said:

2) Improve the editing of the drum map process - perhaps based upon XML so I can edit in my own editor

There is a free third party tool which can convert files containing an .ins formatted .Note Names section into a simple drum map. This allows one to use any existing Windows program capable of writing text files to create a drum map. From http://forum.cakewalk.com/SONAR-Cakewalk-by-BandLab-CbB-Resources-and-Utilities-m3392713.aspx#3472457

Ins2map.zip (Listed Nov 18 2015)
ralf (Ralf Sesseler)
This tool will convert an instrument definition (ins file) into a drum map for Cakewalk SONAR. (Essentially, any text file with a mapping from midi note number to drum instrument name can be used.) The created drum map uses default values for most parameters and is not linked to a particular virtual instrument, so it's mainly the first step and may require enhancements to be done in SONAR directly. 
Download and Further Information http://dis.sesseler.de/ In the left menu area, click on “Cakewalk SONAR”. Then select “Instrument to Drum Map” to download the file.

• Like 4