no multiout sound (TX16WX sampler)

Eve Ripper

Question

Hi there.

After updating Cakewalk and few days ago TX16WX sampler I’ve got a new problem.

When I choose to set one sound (Kick) to out 1 and then take another sound (snare) to out 2 there’s no sound happening on out 2 and others.

I’ve routed it in Cakewalk with audio track. Checked this in Reaper. Everything is fine.

Edited by Eve Ripper

8 answers to this question

I have this working in CbB. You first have to insert the TX16Wx synth with "MIDI source" + "all synth audio outputs: mono (or stereo)" in CbB.  This will give you all of the channel strips in CbB.  This works essentially the same as any other multi out instrument.

Then you can assign the individual program slots in TX16Wx to your choice of outputs as S1+2, S3+4, etc., or M1, M2, etc.  Mono outputs would probably work best for drums.

If you have only inserted TX16Wx as a simple instrument track, by default only S1+2 (stereo) is available for audio output in CbB, and selecting the other outputs in the plugin will fail to pass audio to CbB because no route exists for them in the DAW.

15 minutes ago, scook said:

Which release of TX16Wx and plug-in format? I checked free versions 3.0.14b (VST2 and VST3) and 3.0.16b VST3. They all only add a single stereo output when selecting "All Synth Audio Outputs:  Stereo" in CbB 2019.01.

CWITEC TX16Wx Software Sampler 2.4.2d, VST2, 64-bit, installed in 2016.  

Guess I missed the update? :D

I'll have to check that out...

55 minutes ago, scook said:

They all only add a single stereo output when selecting "All Synth Audio Outputs:  Stereo" in CbB 2019.01.

OK. Have just upgraded TX16Wx to v3.0.16b, and it is silent after the first stereo output in CbB.

When I choose "all synth audio outputs" I get all the output channel strips in CbB with the VST2, but only the first output channel strip shows up with the VST3.

So then I tried it in Studio One 4, and only the VST2 works over there with audio on all outputs.  I can see the outputs from the VST3, but they are silent. I think the dev has some work to do with his new version...