Installing cakewalk by band lab withh all the sonar platinum content

reza sadeghi

Hi there.  I own the sonar platinum and already installed the cakewalk by band lab. But yesterday I made a clean windows 10 installation on my PC and just installed the cakewalk by band lab and didn't install platinum because I wanted to save more space on my computer but I realized some of my plugins and instruments are gone I my old projects asked them to load. My question is how can I install my stuff without installing the whole platinum. like True Pianos or SI Drums.  

Thanks in advance

If you use V-Vocal for anything (I find it useful for restoring or adding a bit of vibrato to a vocal) you might consider installing a slightly older version of Sonar.  I think the last version that contained V-Vocal was Sonar X2.  Then when you re-install CbB, V-Vocal will be right there and useable in CbB under "Region FX".  Just something to consider.

Wade C

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Colin Nicholls said:

Choose "custom installation" and de-select the bits you don't want. But to be safe, I recommend installing the whole thing.  Then re-install Cakewalk By Bandlab.

Thanks for your help. So you mean I should install Platinum with custom installation? So in this case as far as I remember sonar will not allow me to just install the Add ones. I have to first install platinum and choose which Add ons I need to install. Isn't, right?  

27 minutes ago, Starship Krupa said:

As far as I know, SONAR by itself, excluding the add-ons, only takes up about 1G of disk space, so maybe this is not so much to worry about? The majority of the hard drive space is consumed by the extras, which is what you want.

Others please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks for your reply. Yes, but I want to install the add-ones on another hard drive, not my C drive.

So it seems I don't have any option except of installing the Platinum again.

Thanks again