Where are the Cakewalk Studioware panels ????

lychee

8 minutes ago, sjoens said:

This zombie thread from 2019 is all very FASCINATING as the latest 2022 CbB manual says this on page 1405:

Cakewalk includes a wide variety of StudioWare panels for popular MIDI devices, with new panels constantly under development
here at Cakewalk, by equipment manufacturers, and by Cakewalk users.

It lists 19 panels.  I have 34 installed all dated 12/30/2011.  They open in Sonar 8.3 but nothing happens in X1, 2 , 3, SPlat & CbB/Sonar.  What's the trick to open them?

[I zombied this thread because it seemed the most appropriate one for this post.]

They open behind the track view - so you have to un-maximise the track view to see them (the button next to the close button on the same line as the workspaces dropdown).

When I edit them (which, even 2024, I do in CPA9), I make sure to move them before saving them.  Their opening position on the screen is saved in the *.CakewalkStudioWare file itself.  That way, they always open outside the TV. 

Makes sense.  But 99.9% of users don't have that ability.  It looks like we have 2 options:

1) Keep the main view un-maximized to retain their visibility.

OR

2) Click the top left hand icon and Enable floating so they float above the main view or on another screen... then save the project/template.
When a project is saved, the current layout is remembered by the current screenset.

Sadly they can't be docked in Multidock, which would be a major request if I used them.  And I would if I could edit/create my own.

In spite the manual's comment, they don't seem to be available with Sonar Platinum or CbB installers.