Mondo Lynn

mark skinner

This is one of my earlier CbB projects I've revisited.  It's an instrumental featuring mandolin , with acoustic guitars and synths.  I've been having problems getting things to sound right on streaming platforms.  Any feedback is welcome.  Thanks ...   mark                                       

Thanks Tom , I'll give the mando another listen.  I've got a load of instrumentals that really need fresh ears on them .  RickF gave me permission to post a remake of "Blind boy blues"   I did it just so I could learn how to play slow blues lead. Took me a month to learn and record what he did in one pass just improvising. I may post it here when I feel more comfortable about it .     Thanks ..  mark

This is an absolutely wonderful instrumental (yea - instrumentals).  This had a definite chill-out effect on me.   The performance is perfect and the mix sound good to my ears.  Doggone good playing --- I might add.  Gee, I might just have to give it another listen

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Absolutely wonderful. Great combo of instruments. A very happy 5 minutes. Uplifiting!!!

Mix wise, I was noticing the hi hat, and to some extent the cymbal, seem to cuttoff prematurely. Not much sustain on those, and that detracts (for me) just a bit from the organic quality your piece obviously has in spades. You might swap them with another sample, or take the gate off if their is one, or? I dunno, seriously 99% of everybody else is not going to notice that, probably. If they are live drums (they sound pretty live?) then I don't know how you fix that. Or if it even need fixing.

This piece for me is a 9.9 out of 10. Really great!

cheers,

-Tom

• Like 1

Laid back breathy intro.

I'm really enjoying this. Has a wonderful feel that I get when listening to the instrumental from Honolulu City Lights.

I really enjoy this composition. The instruments, construction. Those breathy vocals are legit..love what you're doing man!

Edited by congalocke