Bandlab Assistant updated to 5.1.1

cclarry

35 minutes ago, Paul P said:

Now, after a system reboot, BA will come up once.  But if I close it, there's no way for it to reopen again.

There are however  - 4 -   Bandlab Assistant.exe processes running.

Have you clicked BandLab icon in the task tray?

55 minutes ago, Paul P said:

Had the same trouble updating.

Now, after a system reboot, BA will come up once.  But if I close it, there's no way for it to reopen again.

There are however  - 4 -   Bandlab Assistant.exe processes running.

It depends on what is meant by "close it." If the application was closed using the X in the upper-right, this only closes the UI. The application still runs in the background.

There should an icon in the notification area which, when clicked, will re-open the application.

To shutdown BA either right-click on the icon in the notification area and select Quit from the context menu or click the gear in the upper-left of the application UI and click the Quit button on the settings screen. There is an option on the BA settings screen to prevent it from running on start up too.

It is normal for the application to show several threads in the Windows task manager while running.

I updated from V5.1.0.  There was a notice that an update was available so I clicked on the update button.  I received a "Update failed" notification window but the window also included a download link.  I used the Quit button to stop BandLab Assistant then clicked on the download link.  BandLab Assistant downloaded, installed, opened and is now V5.1.1.

The download link is appreciated.  I like the idea of the refresh activation button.

21 hours ago, scook said:

It depends on what is meant by "close it." If the application was closed using the X in the upper-right, this only closes the UI. The application still runs in the background.

There should an icon in the notification area which, when clicked, will re-open the application.

To shutdown BA either right-click on the icon in the notification area and select Quit from the context menu or click the gear in the upper-left of the application UI and click the Quit button on the settings screen. There is an option on the BA settings screen to prevent it from running on start up too.

Ok.  Thanks Steve.  Not what my other portals do (XLN, iZotope, Waves, etc)  as I can close them with the X and reopen them at will by clicking on their desktop icon.

And I didn't have BA icon showing in tray, didn't even know it was there.

But this works.

The regular 'update' button for  BandLab Assistant  V5.1.1 did not work.  And the 'failed' process window literally came up within 2 seconds.  I do appreciate the direct link button that then appeared and started the download when I clicked it.