Bandlab Assistant updated to 5.1.1

cclarry

34 minutes ago, cclarry said:

Update failed.  Had to do it manually...

Yes, it's a normal workflow now, unfortunately...
Even if make a success of self updating, seems there is no progress bar or like that.
BandLab Assistant should be a more decent app.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HIBI said:

Yes, it's a normal workflow now, unfortunately...
Even if make a success of self updating, seems there is no progress bar or like that.
BandLab Assistant should be a more decent app.

Now that the last 5 BandLab Assistant updates had to be done manually on my end, I am loosing faith that BandLab can appropriately handle the CakeWalk legacy.  I wish BandLab would just add a manual update button that takes me straight to the BL app update link.  They should just forget about this supposed automatic updating of the BandLab Assistant app.  And I refuse to put in a 'support ticket' just to be told to manually update the app in the end.  There seems to be a few updating apps recently that go about updating in an apparently haphazard way.   NI comes to mind.  

I'm having problems to update my BandLab Assistant. The login screen shows nothing, no account to log in, or shows and don't go ahead and i can't proceed with the actualization. 3 days on this and no one solution. Some solution?

Edited by Ítalo Silva
wrong speling

3 hours ago, cclarry said:

Update failed.  Had to do it manually...

Happens to me every time. I can't be bothered to even try any more.

Kind of ironic that Bandlab have done so much good work on the Cakewalk program, but the customers first experience/point of contact with Bandlab is a steaming pile of shite. Meng needs to get his ***** kicking shoes on and pay a visit to whoever is responsible for BA.

21 minutes ago, Promidi said:

For a while now, my default method has been, exit BA, update manually from the installer downloaded from here:

https://www.bandlab.com/download/assistant/windows

For some reason I thought it just worked for you.....😉

https://discuss.cakewalk.com/?app=core&module=system&controller=content&do=find&content_class=forums_Topic&content_id=7935&content_commentid=72226

23 minutes ago, paulo said:

For some reason I thought it just worked for you.....😉

Updating Cakewalk by Bandlab via Bandlab Assistant has always worked for me. 

It's the updating of Bandlab Assistant from Bandlab Assistant itself is what I have always had issues with.  I do that manually, and have never had an issue using this method.