WA Production MIDIQ

cclarry

There is a form on Re-Compose's site about registering your old serials with WA, who have taken over their products.  In theory that should get you a free upgrade to the WA version.  I filled it out for Liquid Notes and I2C8 but haven't heard anything back.

Fair warning though I2C8 was pretty awful and unusable, I'd wait for a review on MIDIQ before buying.

Edited by Matthew Sorrels
Spelling
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Have to say I can't see the point of those symbols. 😕

Compared to something like Chord Potion it seems very limited and kind of unfinished. There are only 13 presets built in (with 8 variations).
The UI does scale but the text (which is the hard part to see) does not scale with everything else. The Key up/down arrows don't seem to do what I was expecting them to do in terms of the current chord sequence. 

I guess it could be okay for creating some quick triads for chords, 2 part harmonies or bass lines but I think I will put the money I would have spent on this towards something more polished.

The demo does work OK and at least it doesn't install any of those annoying multi-MIDI port utilities. I got it work work quite easily in CbB.

Try it if you are tempted but I am going to pass.

Edited by ZincT

Just now, antler said:

Maybe it's because I'm ok with music theory, but I don't see why square would be easier to handle than e.g. C: a chord sequence of square, hexagon, hexagon, triangle, pentagon, square doesn't seem that friendly to me.

I agree completely! Why make it so you have to learn a load of new symbols if you know theory. They should at least make it possible to disable the symbols and replace them with standard nomenclature.