New Focusrite Plug-in Collective Holiday Bundle

ZincT

Focusrite’s Plug-in Collective Holiday Bundle brings together two powerful audio effects from Mastering The Mix and sonible, and a highly realistic virtual guitar instrument from UJAM. Whether you missed our previous offers or you're brand new to Plug-In Collective, this is your opportunity to greatly expand your production toolkit – for free.

UJAM’s Virtual Guitarist Iron puts a world-class studio guitarist and their rig at the heart of your DAW, enabling producers of all ability levels to perform and capture authentic rock/metal riffs and power chords with their MIDI keyboard. 1000 sampled phrases in 100 rock and metal styles are expertly performed by a top session guitarist, while chord and phrasing keyswitches, and Swing and Feel sliders make it easy to construct dynamic, utterly convincing guitar parts on the fly.

Grow is a stereo manipulation module from Mastering The Mix’s Animate plug-in that enables widening of selected frequencies using a psychoacoustic precedence effect. It can be applied dynamically, so that widening is only applied when the signal exceeds a specified threshold, bringing life and movement to individual tracks and mixes.

Finally, the A.I.-driven Balancer, by sonible in partnership with Focusrite, automatically adjusts a range of under-the-hood filters in order to find the right spectral balance for the input signal based on a range of tailored instrumental and vocal profiles. Choose a character setting to tailor the sound – Neutral, Warm or Bright – and ramp up the Intensity to fix bad recordings or make good ones sound even better.

UJAM Virtual Guitarist Iron retails for €129 and Mastering The Mix Grow retails for £17, but Plug-in Collective members can download both, plus sonible Balancer, for free from their Focusrite account, from 14th November 2019 to 16th January 2020.

https://focusrite.com/news/plug-collective-holiday-bundle 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

the code for the ujam stuff is the same as they used previously for the package without Virtual Guitarist....if that makes sense

means it can't be used again :(

edit

there seems to be a 2nd code on the site too - I'll keep seeing if I can get this to work

Edited by simon
  • Thanks 1

also

"GROW is a module within ANIMATE, so you'll need to Install 'ANIMATE'  to access it. Once you've installed, open ANIMATE in your DAW. etc etc etc"

so basically to get a $17 stereo widening  plug you have to install their parent plug etc etc 

far too many hoops to jump through for that plugin

why am I so grumpy today :)

• Like 3

At first glance, they only added balancer, as grow was already a part of it (wider free vst does the same) and Iron UJAM was old too. 
Balancer doesn't look good at all, but from a business pov is great for beginners

I wish I would have all this plugins back in the day by just buying a sound card. :P

9 minutes ago, arnoldoo said:

Iron UJAM was old too. 

that was Iron the virtual drummer - apparently he plays guitar too and they are now offering it a Virtual Guitar Iron

edit 

I'm an idiot and @arnoldoo is of course correct :)  I've too many plugins and I don't even know what I've got any more !! - I can't be the only person that has accidentally bought 2 version of the same plugin just because it was cheap...can I  🤪 ?????? 

that's why my code wouldn't work (twice!)

I'm going back to bed - please don't wake me before Black Friday (or if waves do a $29 sale) ZZZZzzzzzzzzzz

Edited by simon
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, simon said:

^^^^ installed it this morning - it sprayed files all over my system drive - which is just annoying.

quoting myself re: balance

the uninstall doesn't clean up properly - all the the old intel C++ library files are sprinkled everywhere (without asking for a location) are still there - recommend you don't bother IMO 

• Thanks 2

just checked - it gives that rather uninformative error if you put your password in wrong even if the email is correct.

just do a password reset

unless you don't have the UJAM stuff I really wouldn't bother  - and that's coming from somebody who will install ANYTHING if the price is right 🤪

some of the plugin collective stuff is worth having (UJAM?) but some of it is just junk (puremagnetik? - I like the idea of these but they are just too poorly implemented)

edit 

and the XLN stuff is probably worth a download

Edited by simon
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2