Kontakt updated to 6.2.0

simon

4 minutes ago, cclarry said:

Yes you did!!!

AT LAST !!!! 😎😊

fwiw - you know you are avoiding doing anything useful when you are going through all your software looking for updates :)

Edited by simon
  • Haha 2

The main thing for people who don't create their own instruments is that they added the Mod Pack Effects.  The Synth mode of Choral is supposed to be modeled after Juno-type choruses, and the Ensemble mode is based on the ensemble effects from old string machines.  I am tempted to see if I can retrofit these effects in place of the old modulation effects in some of my old Hollow Sun instruments.

-----

Kontakt 6.2.0 - 2019-11-14

ADDED There are now three new state of the art modulation effects (Choral, Flair & Phasis)

ADDED KSP: There is a new type of zone that can be created and is fully accessible from KSP, allowing for dynamic mapping of samples, including end-user ones (set_num_user_zones(), set_sample(), set_zone_par(), set_loop_par() & is_zone_empty())

ADDED KSP: All zone parameters can now be read from KSP (get_sample(), get_zone_par() & get_loop_par()); available for both user zones & standard ones

ADDED KSP: New MIR functions to detect pitch, RMS, peak level and loudness of any zone (user or standard)

ADDED KSP: New MIR functions to classify samples based on their audio characteristics (e.g., Kick, Snare, Choir, Synth, etc)

ADDED KSP: New UI widget (ui_mouse_area), this first iteration of which allows dropping files from the system to an instrument’s UI

ADDED KSP: New command to make handling asynchronous operations more convenient (wait_async())

IMPROVED An instrument can now be loaded with missing resources (samples, NKRs, etc) without the references being completely discarded, i.e., one can load an instrument, ignore missing samples, save it and reload it without losing data

ADDED A new entry in the Mapping Editor’s Edit menu allows for manually removing all zones with missing samples

IMPROVED KSP: purge_group() now returns an async ID, allowing for reliable tracking of the operations completion

IMPROVED There were some performance issues with instruments with many automation assignments when running in Logic

IMPROVED The scrolling and animation speed in the Libraries tab has been adjusted

FIXED There are no more conflicts between MIDI and Host automation in Logic

FIXED Kontakt would often crash when trying to run a Batch Resave operation

FIXED There were some audible clicks in certain cases involving looping samples played back with Time Machine Pro

FIXED Kontakt would crash when saving an NKI after assigning user automation to any of the recently added reverb and delay effects

FIXED KSP: Switches and menus would get stuck in their hover states under certain circumstances

FIXED KSP: In certain cases, when a control was within a panel, its position would be 1 pixel off of what was expected

FIXED Kontakt now works on Mac OS Catalina

Creator Tools 1.2.0 - 2019-11-14

ADDED File Browser: Direct access to the file system, complementing the new Project Manager

IMPROVED New layout, allowing for more than one tool to be visible at once

IMPROVED All factory content (scripts, instruments, performance views, etc) are now easy to copy to a user location for direct editing; just use the new Help menu entry.

FIXED Instrument Editor: Pulling data from big NKIs (>90k zones) would be unreliable

ADDED GUI Designer: A new widget type is added: MouseArea

ADDED Instrument Editor: MIR type tagging can now be performed with Lua

ADDED Instrument Editor: Zone and group pan settings can now be set and retrieved with Lua

ADDED Tutorials: Populate Zones From Filesystem (Instrument Editor Lua Scripting)

ADDED Instrument Editor: New user zones field displays true when a zone is a user zone or false otherwise

ADDED Tutorials: MIR Type Tagging (Instrument Editor Lua Scripting)

IMPROVED UniqueID property has been removed, zone ID's are now handled automatically

FIXED Adding a UI element and then clicking undo would collapse the element tree

• Thanks 1

If only they would fix the entire UI and especially the font size.  I just ordered a large magnifying glass so I can read Kontakt Player's interface.  Had I known how horrible it is, I would not have bought  Orange Tree Guitar Samples (the whole collection).   I hate Kontakt Player with a passion.