Arturia - Black Friday Deals

Frank

I just downloaded the latest Collection v7 and as my first experience with Arturia I can say it is overwhelmingly exciting. I just started off with the Pianos and - wow! Seeing all of the other virtual synths in there (Fairlight, DX7, Synclavier) I am going to be exploring for quite some time!

Really looking forward to working with these!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Simeon Amburgey said:

I just downloaded the latest Collection v7 and as my first experience with Arturia I can say it is overwhelmingly exciting. I just started off with the Pianos and - wow! Seeing all of the other virtual synths in there (Fairlight, DX7, Synclavier) I am going to be exploring for quite some time!

Really looking forward to working with these!

I'd love to hear what you think of their B3 compared to the IK Multimedia one you just reviewed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

I'd love to hear what you think of their B3 compared to the IK Multimedia one you just reviewed.

Well the B-3X set the bar pretty high for me compared to the others I have looked at in the past. I downloaded a trial of the Arturia V-3 V2 and it was alright. I might try to do some sort of A/B comparisons down the road to provide some more context but the B-3X in my opinion will be hard to beat. 

5 hours ago, ZincT said:

I'm also on V Collection 6. If it was nearer 60 I would do the upgrade.

Can't recall do any of the re-sellers ever do it for less Larry?

Interesting that no one here yet did not go any further than the offer page at the Arturia site and see whats there beyond the $99 / €99

If you did you would see they are offering something interesting where the payment is concerned.

You can pay this amount over 2 or 3 or 4 months for an extra $5 processing fee

• Like 2

On 11/14/2019 at 10:04 AM, cclarry said:

My upgrade to V Collection 7 was $199

That is what they are offering it for to for me--and the only thing I have from Arturia was a miniFilter freebie. So I guess their definition of a customer is pretty broad. On the other hand, I just do not see myself spending any money for another sampled VI at this point.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, slartabartfast said:

That is what they are offering it for to for me--and the only thing I have from Arturia was a miniFilter freebie. So I guess their definition of a customer is pretty broad. On the other hand, I just do not see myself spending any money for another sampled VI at this point.

I own the 3 preamps and Minifilter....so the only contributor to the upgrade
must be Minifilter

22 hours ago, Simeon Amburgey said:

Well the B-3X set the bar pretty high for me compared to the others I have looked at in the past.

When IK's B-3X came out I downloaded the demo and played with it for a while.  I agree it's pretty nice, but in the end I decided it didn't go above and beyond what I already had (Arturia gave the B3 update to V5 and V6 collection owners for free), so I punted (or at least put it off pending an IK deal).  I always second guess these decisions though.

I thought last year when they did this black Friday deal and I jumped on V6 shortly later the deal showed up at retailers for even less.  I can't remember too well though.  But I think I'm going to hold off a bit just in case (or go searching through emails).

On 11/14/2019 at 6:11 PM, scook said:

It shows $99 for me. I have V Collection 6. Not sure it is worth it especially since I have MTron Pro and XILS 3/4.

My position. And I also have a raft of Melotron libraries for Kontakt and don't think the Casio tips the balance.

I played around with the VCS3 an while its rather nice I think the XILS labs has it beat on versatility, particularly with version 4  in double configuration. It does not look like the Arturia version, can be used as an effect which is shortsighted as it would excel in this role. I probably use XILS 4 in the effects bin as much as I use it as an instrument.

I have a soft spot for this synths as my introduction to synthesizers was on a EMS Synthi A the suitcase version of the VCS3. These virtual emulations add something the original never had - stable tuning. The Volt/ hertz oscillators rather than the normal volt/octave added some weirdness too.

I wonder what they will add in version 8.