Lexicon Pantheon retrieved from Sonar 8, won't show up in Cakewalk?

Skyline_UK

13 minutes ago, James Argo said:

That's strange.. I'm still using Edirol Orchestral in CbB until this very day without any problem, versatile kind of orchestra that sits nicely on mix like other Roland's synths. I'm on Win7 x64.

There you go. It's 32 bit, W10 hates 32 bit. 

It is a real cool old synth. Just works like it should without fuss. Sounds very real too. Totally awesome reverb too.  I still have a fully loaded W7 Laptop that I use for remote recording so I can always use that. 

11 hours ago, John Vere said:

There you go. It's 32 bit, W10 hates 32 bit. 

It is a real cool old synth. Just works like it should without fuss. Sounds very real too. Totally awesome reverb too.  I still have a fully loaded W7 Laptop that I use for remote recording so I can always use that. 

Aah I see.. BTW, do you run the DXi version or the VSTi version of Edirol Orchestra? I had the same problem with the DXi version on x64 platform, while the VSTi runs fine on Win7 x64. You probably want to try the VSTi version if you haven't done so.

32bit VST plug-ins run just as well in 64bit DAWs on Win10 as they do on Win7. The plug-ins do not run directly in the DAW. Instead they rely on bridge software to host the plug-ins and communicate with the DAW.

32bit DX plug-ins do not run in 64bit DAWs. There is no comparable bridge for DX plug-ins.

That said, some 32bit DX plug-ins will work by using a VST wrapper making them appear as 32bit VST plug-ins to bridge software. This is a very fragile solution.

I did install the DXi version I just checked and mine says it is also a DXi version but I didn't install it. It might be project specific. I used to use it a long time ago without issue. But now the one project I tried it on it immediately froze up.  I tend to move on to better things when this happens instead of troubleshooting.