What are those little flags for?

jkoseattle

Question

I'm just now noticing these little flags that sprout up on top of clips during playback, with numbers in them that look like they indicate output levels or something. I've never seen those before. What's up with them? Why do only certain tracks have them and not others? Why do I need this information, whatever it is? What action am I supposed to take? And is there some configuration I can do with them?

This is the thing with applications like CbB, there are so very many little widgets and features everywhere that you don't know what they're for, and so you don't even know what they might be called and so you don't know how to even look them up. I'm sure these little flags have some clever name like "Clip Fadoodles" or something, but I can't even hazard a guess and would just waste time hunting around the documentation for it. Which is why I go on here to ask "What's with those little flag thingies?" (I'm not knocking CbB at all, rather merely justifying why this forum is my go-to rather than RTFM.)

2 answers to this question

Options > Meter Options > Show Track Peak Markers

I'm not aware of a shortcut that will toggle peak markers on/off, but it's possible.

You can also right-click a track/busand enable peak markers on that one track/bus; Options menu does it globally.

Edited by David Baay
  • Like 1