Chordpotion updated to 1.3

cclarry

ChordPotion 1.3 with new themes and arp mode

I just released another version of my MIDI sequencer and effect plug-in ChordPotion (VST + AU). ChordPotion is a composition tool that can help you create new harmonic phrases and melodies within seconds.

Using ChordPotion, you can improve your songs and arrangements with authentic and professional patterns that react to your chords. You can also create and edit your own playing styles, share them with other users, and extend your library with additional style packages.

New in version 1.3.0:

Theme support: Six different themes available.

New standard theme. Use the theme "Space Time" if you want to go back to the old one.

New "Arp" setting: Use the modes "Constant direction" and "Octave cycle" to change the way how the sequencer generates output notes. More info: https://feelyoursound.com/chordpotion-manual/#arpModes

Package import: Always display dialog boxes inside the ChordPotion interface.

Price: $49 / €45. The update is free for all customers.

A demo is available at 

https://feelyoursound.com/chordpotion

(to update an existing version, simply replace the old files with the new ones

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Larry.

Kind of like an "EzKeys on steroids" MIDI plugin although obviously it works slightly differently. You feed it plain MIDI chords and it can create up to 4 lines of patterns (Top - melody, Chords, Bass and Extra).

You can apply one of the many built in presets to each line and apply many different randomisations to each line or globally.

Will give the demo a try for sure.

I noticed from TTF's VI-Control thread for last year that Feelyoursound had a 15% BF sale last year but I don't know if that was in addition to the existing bundle reductions. So I'm going to wait and see what happens this year for BF as I am also interested in Sundog Studio and Melodicflow.

Edited by ZincT
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Mesh said:

I'm very interested in https://mixedinkey.com/captain-plugins/captain-chords/ and have been keeping an eye out for sales on this. Hopefully, BF will have one. Nice to have all these options.

Yes I am keeping an eye on that one too Mesh. Don't think they had a BF deal last year so fingers crossed for this year.

Just trying chordpotion demo and really like it. Just..... gotta.... hang..... on.... for..... BF  😣

Just now, ZincT said:

Yes I am keeping an eye on that one too Mesh. Don't think they had a BF deal last year so fingers crossed for this year.

Just trying chordpotion demo and really like it. Just..... gotta.... hang..... on.... for..... BF  😣

Do you need the read the manual get it going or is it easy (for us non-manual readers)?

4 minutes ago, Mesh said:

Do you need the read the manual get it going or is it easy (for us non-manual readers)?

I didn't read anything! I didn't even try it in a DAW - for quick demos I always use Cantabile (free version).

I just inserted it into Cantabile routed my keyboard MIDI to Chordpotion and routed its MIDI o/p to MassiveX. Then played with the presets and got some really groovy things going on!

This video was also useful for a quickstart...

Edited by ZincT
  • Thanks 1

Chord Potion is my favorite plug-in of 2019.  

I am a crappy keyboard player, but I know how to play chords and I know how to voice lead from one chord to another.  If you can do that, then Chord Potion will make your crappy keyboard playing come alive.     Check out the demo and you might be shocked at what it can do.

And of course  you are not restricted to keyboard sounds - I can make elaborate symphonic stuff using Chord Potion to trigger programs like Amadeus, The Orchestra, Elysion, etc.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Michael A.D. said:

Chord Potion is my favorite plug-in of 2019.  

I am a crappy keyboard player, but I know how to play chords and I know how to voice lead from one chord to another.  If you can do that, then Chord Potion will make your crappy keyboard playing come alive.     Check out the demo and you might be shocked at what it can do.

And of course  you are not restricted to keyboard sounds - I can make elaborate symphonic stuff using Chord Potion to trigger programs like Amadeus, The Orchestra, Elysion, etc.

Thanks Michael!

That's about the extent of my keyboard playing as well. Looking forward to giving the demo a try (and possibly buy ;) ). 

7 minutes ago, InstrEd said:

This little program looks cool. Thanks Larry for posting. What would we do without you :D

We'd have more shillings in our pockets, that's for sure mate!
He said as  he was off to d/l the demo
Hey, at least I'm gonna demo first, its not really GAS; roight?

Edited by DeeringAmps
add content
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, InstrEd said:

Okay you got me there. But I was watching the video and I'm liking what I see. Hmm does Larry get a commission 🤔  😀

Nope...zip...zero...zilch...nada...

If I did, I'd be independently wealthy by now 🤣

• Haha 2