BandLab Assistant Change Suggestions

Jim Fogle

Hello BandLab bandmates,

I'd really appreciate it if the BandLab Assistant developers could make these changes:

1) Place the Cakewalk app icon above the BandLab app icon.

2) The BandLab Assistant opens to the App window.

I don't use the Google Chrome browser, or have it loaded onto my computer.  This choice severely limits my capability to use the BandLab website.  Cakewalk is the primary reason I have and use the BandLab Assistant.

By the way the image below was provided by BandLab as I copied the image from the Cakewalk update release notes web page.  Notice the Cakewalk app icon is on the top and that the window tabs are arranged differently than the V5.02 version of BandLab Assistant so I'm confident the changes I've suggested can be implemented.

cakewalk laptop.png

Edited by fogle622
Typographical error fix

You don't need to open BandLab Assistant to launch Cakewalk, it can be launched directly.

The installer should have created a shortcut on your desktop, just double click that.

You only really need to launch the BandLab Assistant for checking for the initial installation, periodic checking of updates, and the loop content.

• Like 2

Mark,

Everything you said is true.  I appreciate you sharing that with me since there are (hopefully) many new forum and CbB users that may not realize it until they read your post.  I'm hopeful there will be many new users developing new workflows and sharing their ideas!  I use the CbB desktop shortcut to open the DAW.

The reason behind my suggestion is because I normally keep BandLab Assistant disabled.  I open the app once or twice a week solely to check for updates and then use the "quit" button to disable and close down the app.  Since that is the only reason the app is on my computer I made my suggestions to save me some mouse clicks.

I believe the key to the design is the name - BandLab Assistant. The primary purpose of the application is as a front end to BandLab. It also serves as a loop library, installation and activation tool for CbB. BA is not developed by the CbB team. It is developed in Singapore.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't mind if they included installers for some of the legacy Cakewalk products.  

I understand this could get complicated when it comes to licenced content included with older versions of Sonar, but for standalone products like Z3ta or Rapture is seems to be the sort of thing they will need to do anyway if they want to market these.

Update!

As promised I emailed my suggestions to support@bandlab.com.  I instantly received an auto reply received acknowledgement with a support ticket number.  The next day I received an email from a BandLab support person indicating my email was forwarded to two development teams for consideration.  A few days later I received a follow up email asking if I had additional comments or suggestions and if I was satisfied with the response I received to my email.

Excellent customer service.