Those Old Feelings-Original

Johnbee58

Your unpredictable senes of chord choices are pretty fantastic. I liked the doubled vocals in the middle there. For me the intro was a bit long, even though your flute and flute harmony thing was very well conceived indeed.

Mix-wise, very distinct mix, particularly those strings! I can tell you crafted this mix with care. 

But wait . . . there's more!

Cool trippyness breakdown section. That's a catchy section for sure.

Good choice, ending on a sustained, fading bass note.

cheers,

-Tom

• Like 1

On 11/14/2019 at 10:47 AM, DeeringAmps said:

I've commented before about a bit of darkness in your lyrics, hope you're getting through it.
"Maybe last for awhile", don't like the sound of that, hope all is well.

Tom

Thanks Tom.  May be but, then again, may not be the last one for a while.  I just sometimes feel as if I need a break from it for a short time.  I've felt that way many times but the breaks were always short lived.

😀JB

On 11/14/2019 at 2:57 PM, Douglas Kirby said:

This is a really cool, well written song.  The lyrics were first rate, and I enjoyed the listen overall. Somebody mentioned you sounding like David Crosby - as I've told you before, I think more of Fogelberg when I listen to your vocal.

Nicely done and thanks for posting.

Thanks Doug!  Crosby or Fogelberg.  Either are a comparison to be proud of.

😀JB

22 hours ago, emeraldsoul said:

Your unpredictable senes of chord choices are pretty fantastic. I liked the doubled vocals in the middle there. For me the intro was a bit long, even though your flute and flute harmony thing was very well conceived indeed.

Mix-wise, very distinct mix, particularly those strings! I can tell you crafted this mix with care. 

But wait . . . there's more!

Cool trippyness breakdown section. That's a catchy section for sure.

Good choice, ending on a sustained, fading bass note.

cheers,

-Tom

Thanks Tom.  I was beginning to wonder where you got to.  Haven't seen you around for a bit.

Yeah, I agree the intro is a bit long.  So is the outro.  It seems to be a song that doesn't want to start, and then doesn't want to finish.  I keep re-making the outro.  Guess it's an "art thing".  I spent 4 hours yesterday expanding the outro with more strings, but then after listening I thought "that's really a bit too long",  but at the same time I wanted the last 4 notes of the strings to heard, so I finally settled for a long fade out.  I just put that mix up, if you care to revisit it.

😀JB

On 11/17/2019 at 1:58 PM, Wookiee said:

I like this, it is well written and the arrangement and production are also well executed.  We all have dark moments, sleep escapes us all sometimes, as to where the music comes from who knows.

So true.  Most of my dreams are of work.  I dream I'm back at the old "salt mines" even though I retired from the place more than 4 years ago (but that wouldn't inspire a song 😉).

Thanks!  🙂JB

Edited by Johnbee58

3 hours ago, freddy j said:

I certainly echo the positive comments above.  I think that is my favourite from you so far.  This is a song well done!  The lyrics and music certainly express strong, introspective emotions.  No crit's from me.

Glad you like it, Freddy.  Thanks so much!

🙂JB