cubase 10.5 released

simon

My e licenser is updated to 10.5, and of course I've installed 10.5.

Upon startup I get to ARA scanning VSTs an boom. The splash screen shuts down and Cubase never starts up. It's not in Task Manager either. 

arrrrrgh.

Because I am obsessive with all my software after over 30 years of dealing with it.... my update went smooth as silk on my MacBook Pro. Tools and performance and coloured tracks alone were worth the upgrade imho. When I was young I was one of those that tried pirated software then bought it if I liked it, when shareware was also a real thing :). These days cost of development has gone up, demand to make that next leap, or keep up with the Jones and changes in OSes is even more intense. I can afford to help keep my current favourites in work, and I do :).

• Like 1

I think that when I buy this I'll hold it until next years
buy 10.5 get 11!  That will get me the jump from 10 to 11
for $60!  The new features are great, especially the new "Editing"
functions, so would be good to have, and who knows what they'll
add to 11!

• Great Idea 2

The combined selection tool feature is worth $60.

Be sure to download and install the latest eLicenser software, the Cubase 10.5 updater doesn't do it.  This morning I couldn't get Cubase 10.5 to open (hung before the splash screen), debbuger showed it hung trying to access the eLicneser.  Ended up having to reboot (removing and reinserting the dongle wasn't enough).  Not sure my problem (it was working fine when I went to bed, workstation is left on 24x7) is fixed but there was yet another update to the eLicenser software available, version 6.11.9.3259

• Thanks 3

17 hours ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

The combined selection tool feature is worth $60.

Be sure to download and install the latest eLicenser software, the Cubase 10.5 updater doesn't do it.  This morning I couldn't get Cubase 10.5 to open (hung before the splash screen), debbuger showed it hung trying to access the eLicneser.  Ended up having to reboot (removing and reinserting the dongle wasn't enough).  Not sure my problem (it was working fine when I went to bed, workstation is left on 24x7) is fixed but there was yet another update to the eLicenser software available, version 6.11.9.3259

I had a few random elicencer errors this morning on version 6.11.9.3259, both nuendo and cubase -  suspect it's a slightly broken release

• Thanks 1

Could someone just clarify something---

I have Cubase 10 Pro and also purchased the PadShop Pro upgrade (fortunately it was super cheap). If I update to Cubase 10.5 Pro does that come with PadShop 2 or do I have to purchase that separately? The videos I have watched seem to imply that PS2 is included in Cubase 10.5 Pro. Thanks

5 minutes ago, ZincT said:

Could someone just clarify something---

I have Cubase 10 Pro and also purchased the PadShop Pro upgrade (fortunately it was super cheap). If I update to Cubase 10.5 Pro does that come with PadShop 2 or do I have to purchase that separately? The videos I have watched seem to imply that PS2 is included in Cubase 10.5 Pro. Thanks

It comes with padshop 2 - the padshop pro licence is now basically junk.  Some general moaning over at the SB forum - but it was pretty cheap I think (I'm in the same boat)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, simon said:

It comes with padshop 2 - the padshop pro licence is now basically junk.  Some general moaning over at the SB forum - but it was pretty cheap I think (I'm in the same boat)

Thanks Simon. I like the look of the new features in PS2 and I think I only paid 10 GBP for the PS1 Pro upgrade so no biggie as far as I'm concerned. Makes the case for upgrading to 10.5 a bit more tempting (especially if the price is lowered for BF).

9 minutes ago, ZincT said:

Thanks Simon. I like the look of the new features in PS2 and I think I only paid 10 GBP for the PS1 Pro upgrade so no biggie as far as I'm concerned. Makes the case for upgrading to 10.5 a bit more tempting (especially if the price is lowered for BF).

I think it's unlikely to see a price drop for BF - historically that's never happened.  More especially for a new release.  No harm in waiting though.

Wavelab 10 did have (has?) an introductory 20% - but maybe that's to offset the rather buggy nature of that particular version.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Tony Carpenter said:

I spoke too soon :). Beach ball in OSX when bringing up the control M ( main mixer) sits there contemplating it's naval for a substantial amount of time :-/.

Hey I thought Macs were better than Window boxes. No?🤣

• Haha 1