Convert MIDI Clip(s) to Step Sequencer is not working for me

Ben Shelden

Thank you for trying it out. The clip is not locked in any way. I was thinking that it might be because the maximum number of steps for a beat in the step sequencer is 16 and I had some 1/32 notes in the midi clip, but I quantized the clip to 1/16ths and it did not help. What happens to me is that a step sequencer clip is created but it is totally empty; the notes that were in the midi clip totally disappear

I've discovered that if I use "Convert MIDI Clip(s) to Step Sequencer" on a midi clip that involves any time interval smaller than 1/16th, the step sequence created will be empty. I also discovered that if I back out of it and try to convert another midi clip, from this point on, all newly created step sequences from mid clips in the track will be empty.

Did a quick test, and could not reproduce that; a sequence of 32nd notes converted fine for me. 16 steps per quarter-note 'beat' is 64ths. That's not an option for conversion from MIDI (strangely), but you can create an SS clip with 64ths from scratch.

Can you share a copy of the MIDI?

Edited by David Baay