[SKIPPED] Dropout During Mixdown Only

razor7music

Hey Group--

I'm trying to remix an old project of mine, and now that I have the mix set where I want it, I keep getting dropouts during the mixdown. I've frozen tracks with FX on them, removed duplicate FX instances and sent them to a bus instead. I removed 64-bit processing too. I can play the track though with no issues, but when I try to bounce to tracks, a few seconds after it starts, it keeps dropping out.

Any ideas on what I can do?

Thanks

Edited by razor7music

16 hours ago, RBH said:

Maybe try a real time bounce.?

Would this be the same as an audible bounce? I did try an audible bounce.

The one thing that occurred to me is that maybe the last time I saved this project it was to my external SAS drive, and maybe it is mixing down to that drive now. Other than that, I'm at a loss. :-(

26 minutes ago, chuckebaby said:

Are you getting a drop out code ?

This should be pretty easy to figure out now with the new Improved audio dropout diagnosis.

Here a list of the codes...

http://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=Cakewalk&language=3&help=NewFeatures.10.html

Oh, perfect. I'll check that out. I don't get the pop-up window when I get the drop-out, like in the post you linked to. Just the tiny white drop-out indicator.

Where do I get my drop-out logs to check the reason?

Big thanks!

Well, it's not on my external SAS drive, and now it's dropping out when I play it instead of just when I mixdown.

I had Notifications turned on already, but only lasting 2 seconds. I changed it to 10, but nothing is popping up. Is there anywhere else I can retrieve my drop-out reason code?

Hmm, im very surprised that you are not seeing drop out codes if you are running the latest Cakewalk by Bandlab. Though I hate recommending this, when exhausting all avenues, you could always contact support. Im just not sure we have exhausted all avenues yet.

There is some more info here as well on drop outs

http://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=Cakewalk&language=3&help=AudioPerformance.24.html

Whats it like on new projects, or projects created a few weeks ago (rather than this remix from a while ago) We need to pinpoint weather it be, project specific or finding some similarity's across multiple projects. This would help with the problem solving.

6 hours ago, chuckebaby said:

Hmm, im very surprised that you are not seeing drop out codes if you are running the latest Cakewalk by Bandlab. Though I hate recommending this, when exhausting all avenues, you could always contact support. Im just not sure we have exhausted all avenues yet.

There is some more info here as well on drop outs

http://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=Cakewalk&language=3&help=AudioPerformance.24.html

Whats it like on new projects, or projects created a few weeks ago (rather than this remix from a while ago) We need to pinpoint weather it be, project specific or finding some similarity's across multiple projects. This would help with the problem solving.

Hello--

Yes, it's just this project. No issues with other current or old projects. I hate to sound like I'm throwing in the towel, but the "improvements" I've made in the remix aren't compelling enough to justify resolving the dropout issue. From a financial standpoint, you might say I'm at the point of diminishing return.

So, I'm going to just let this one go. It's a 7 year old project and after remastering the original mix, I've actually improved the final outcome, so I'm OK with punting on this one.

Thanks for your time. I'll mark the OP subject as "skipped" 😉