FAR FROM HOME

Belthus

Firstly, many thanks to everyone who has helped me on the original SONAR forums over the years and more recently on these forums, where I finally installed Cakewalk by Bandlab in addition to SPLAT.

After 3 years of getting to grips with the software, soft synths and plugins I have finally broke free from the 8 bar “brick wall” and managed to put down a full track using Rapture, Iris 2, Native Instruments Suite (with Maschine), Massive, z3ta+ 2, Hybrid 5, Union and Serum.

Tried my best at Gain Staging during the process mindful that I needed the headroom and finally Mastered with Ozone 7.

I have a severe hearing deficiency to high frequency which adds to the frustration while making any music as well as mixing down (I really can’t hear Hi Hats etc without headphones – and then it’s not ideal), so everything always sounds muffled to me…….

So over to you guys.

I know there are issues with the song and mix, but there becomes a time where you just have to draw a line under it after so much tweaking, so I will leave it here and move on to the next track knowing that I have learnt a huge amount during this process.

PS, really wish I had a proper electric guitar for the lead instead of the Rapture patch and Guitar Rig 5.

Plus, would really love to know how you would describe the music so I can better inform listeners.

Edited by Belthus
Uploaded edited Song Version