New Ripple Edit Indicator/Widget

Starship Krupa

16 hours ago, bitman said:

I would like it justified left. - because I'm a jerk. 🙂

I am also a jerk, but the discussions on the (old) forum about ripple editing were so intensive, that there is always a red light blinking in my brain when I use it.

But I really like that the new indicator is here and that it is even a on/off button! It's great!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, bitman said:

And now from the "Some will complain if even hit with a golden hammer dept":

It's way over there where I could easily miss it .

I would like it justified left. - because I'm a jerk. 🙂

That'll me me then. I can't see why being hit with a golden hammer would be a good thing. Do they hurt less than being hit with regular hammers?

FWIW - took me a while to figure out where it was and when I did my first thought was " I wonder why they put it all the way over there?"

5 minutes ago, Michael McBroom said:

Well, I guess I need a good whack with a hammer because I am running the latest version and I can't find it either! So, yes, screenshot please?

rippleediticon.png.ff9a97ec89bd68acc3ed693e4368f5b2.png

Note this will  only appear once you've engaged ripple edit. 

Once it does appear though, you can toggle it on and off.

• Like 1

Thanks, Mark. Turns out at least one reason why I wasn't finding it is because CbB has been lying to me. When I click on Help/Check for Updates, it shows v24.11.0.31 and it states "You are up to date!" Hm. Not. I just found out that apparently the current version is 25.01.0. So my next big quest has been trying to find the update. So far, no joy. So, what, are we just supposed to install the software again on top of itself? The whole package? If there's a link to an update somewhere at BandLab or the old Cakewalk site, it appears to be hidden fairly well, because I sure can't find it.

59 minutes ago, Michael McBroom said:

Thanks, Mark. Turns out at least one reason why I wasn't finding it is because CbB has been lying to me. When I click on Help/Check for Updates, it shows v24.11.0.31 and it states "You are up to date!" Hm. Not. I just found out that apparently the current version is 25.01.0. So my next big quest has been trying to find the update. So far, no joy. So, what, are we just supposed to install the software again on top of itself? The whole package? If there's a link to an update somewhere at BandLab or the old Cakewalk site, it appears to be hidden fairly well, because I sure can't find it.

For the past couple of updates, only the updated files are downloaded.

For me the update process via BandLab assistant took less than 30 secs.

Starting with 2017-11 if running the previous release, BA downloads an update installer instead of the full CbB installer. This is a much smaller file and may only be applied to the previous release. BA downloads the full installer only on the initial install and if the installed version is not the previous release.