Feature Request - Function/button to modify all envelope values by same amount

Todd Groemling

After I create a mix and listen to it in other settings (e.g., the car), I notice that I want to increase or decrease the volume of a part. But doing that is not as simple as changing the overall volume of a track. This is because typically the part to change had varying recorded volumes to begin with due to multiple takes, etc. So I use a volume envelope. Meanwhile, to make a change to a whole section with multiple envelope values is a pain. So it would be great for Cakewalk to offer a way to modify all envelope values by a user-defined dB value from a set start and end time.

Thank you for pointing to Offset mode, as that sounds like what I want. However, the feature is back from X2, Is it still an op;tion today? If so, despite the documentation you have shared, I'm not understanding how to access Offset Mode in the current version: CW by Bandlab, but I would love to learn how.

The offset mode toggle is in the mix module

Once enabled, quick group the tracks to change the selected tracks by the same amount

BTW most links to old SONAR documentation may be modified to point to the current help by changing the product reference in the url. For example,

https://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=SONAR X2&language=3&help=Automation.13.html

upon replacing SONAR X2 to Cakewalk like this

https://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=Cakewalk&language=3&help=Automation.13.html

returns the current help page

• Thanks 1

Offset mode works with one or more tracks at a time. Once the adjustment is made, turn off offset mode.

Volume envelopes are at the track level. There is no way to adjust a volume envelope for individual takes in a track. The only adjustment similar to the volume envelope at the take level is clip gain.