[SOLVED] Some (not all) of Waves vst3 plugins are missing after updating Waves Central (not the products) to v.11

Christian Jones

Update from what went down earlier:

Just called Waves tech support and they found that, as a result of updating Waves Central to v.11 some of my legacy Waves v.9.2 vst3 products became no longer supported w/ the v.9.6 vst3 Waveshell (the vst2 plugs of those same products were scanned ok). Some of my Waves stuff are v.10 and some are v.9 and after the Waves Central update nothing happened to the v.10 stuff; only my SSL Bundle, API Collection and a couple others that were v9 were affected. 

He said the solution is to reinstall the legacy 9.2 versions to restore those products whose vst3 plugs went missing. 

That's right, merely updating the Waves Central software--not  the products themselves--to the latest version 11 caused this. So if this happens to you then take note of the versions of what went missing (and what didn't), and a reinstallation of those legacy products is likely in order. 

--------------------

So I just updated Waves Central to v.11 (not my products, but just the Waves Central software) and now some of the vst3 versions of my Waves plugins are missing. Actually, most of them are not missing, but vst3 versions of SSL bundle, API Collection, CLA Vocals, and the King's Microphones have gone missing, though the vst2 versions scanned fine. Oddly enough a couple of non-Waves vst3 plugs by Nembrini went missing too. Has this happened to anyone else? It's weird because only some of the Waves vst3 plugs went missing after the Waves Central v.11 update. After The Waves Central update, I downloaded a Puigtech Eq demo and I went and scanned (in sandbox) to pick it up and instead of scanning just that one new plug (I don't have the re-scan everything box checked) Cakewalk scanned  a whole bunch of Waves plugs, like 162 or something and then said it found something like 156 new plugs or whatever it was, so here goes Waves breaking s#** just by virtue of updating the Waves Central lol. The chat guy couldn't help and I'll contact tech support, but wondered if maybe someone knew how to fix this quicker. Thanks

Edited by Christian Jones
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 months later...

I have the same problem. Waves VST3 plugins which worked previously get an error message that they are missing or not properly installed.

Andrew Shoeps Channel Strip  worked fine before, but now I get the error message.

Interesting that not all the VST3 plugins have the same result.

Was wondering if the last Cakewalk update was at fault.

Will try your solution, but what a mess and a lot of my time to fix.

Until a couple months ago, I rarely had problems with installation and licensing of Waves plugins.  Recently,  I  experienced similar issues as mentioned above.   For some reason, Waves Central uninstalled a handful of plugins.  The problem was not exclusive to CbB, and occurred in another DAW product too.  I have a mix of V9, V10, V11 plugins.  For me, the problems occurred after I demo'd a plugin, bought it, and tried to activate it.   

In all cases, I was able to solve the problems using the Wave Central "Settings" tools.  Believe  I ran the "Version Organizer" first, but in one case had to run the "Repair" tool too. 

BTW,  the "Licenses" page in Waves Central, showed that some plugins were missing.   After running the tools, the licenses reappeared in the "Licenses" page.  You might check the licenses page first to see if the plugins appear to be missing.  

Hope this helps.

8 hours ago, scotia1 said:

I have the same problem. Waves VST3 plugins which worked previously get an error message that they are missing or not properly installed.

Andrew Shoeps Channel Strip  worked fine before, but now I get the error message.

Interesting that not all the VST3 plugins have the same result.

Was wondering if the last Cakewalk update was at fault.

Will try your solution, but what a mess and a lot of my time to fix.

You may want to verify some of your non-waves vst3 plugs too. When some of my Waves vst3 plugs went missing after updating Waves Central that time I noticed it also caused some Nembrini vst3 plugs to go missing too, and those have nothing to do with waves so that sucked.