Output Portal

Matthew Sorrels

Weird practice i guess they sale some copies to not be sued ... this is exactly the type of un legal stuff around here , never they stated limited stock , becaus ethey know we would have skipped knowing ghier style ...i ll boycott those guyz from now , stupid deal or not ....

As the dust has settled, I’d like to thank Matthew for one of the best finds in a long while. My MF order came in (as I ordered almost immediately after reading Matthew’s post) and Portal is spinning fine. Good stuff in there. 
Thanks Matt!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Fleer said:

As the dust has settled, I’d like to thank Matthew for one of the best finds in a long while. My MF order came in (as I ordered almost immediately after reading Matthew’s post) and Portal is spinning fine. Good stuff in there. 
Thanks Matt!

Good for you (as we all look in envy)

I really like granular effects--that's why I bought Audiority's Grainspace, which is incredible and 50% off now for $22.50, it's lowest price ever.  If you want to transform all your sounds in this way, this plugin rocks. One of my very favorites.  Until now, of course. 

So I talked myself out of getting Portal because I had this.  But now, thanks to Matthew, that I have Portal, it's just on a whole other level. By a county mile  it is my favorite purchase from Output.  In fact, if I could get permission from Output, I would sell all my stuff--Signal, Exhale, Substance, Rev, lots of expansions, in a heartbeat.  They are cool, but I have never used any of them once in my music.  I've played with them a lot, but never used them.  I doubt I ever will.

I've already been using GrainSpace, and now I will be using Portal. 

My feeling about Output is that they are sold like the bright shiny, hippest, coolest thing. If you buy their stuff, you will be young and beautiful  They have the best interface in the business. They made me want them so bad.  They look like a 10 but for me in practice they were a 2.  

On the other hand, Omnisphere looks so tired and corny and 70s--particularly its name.  Yeesh.  I don't know how I talked myself finally into spending all that money. But on a scale from one to ten, Omnisphere is a billion.  For me, anyway. 

Having said all that, I can't get rid of my Output stuff, and I am very seriously considering whether the other Output libraries I don't have and the many expansions are worth the price it would cost me to get them.  If that makes sense to you.... it sure doesn't make sense to me.

Edited by Reid Rosefelt
  • Like 3