Output Portal

Matthew Sorrels

6 minutes ago, cclarry said:

They'll probably refund the money...but worth a shot anyways!

The wrong price has been listed before on MusiciansFriend.  While I didn't get the item with the wrong list price, MF did give me a great offer on other equipment that I just happened to be needing at that time.  

• Like 1

To be honest I think they are missing a few things, I can't seem to MIDI learn any controls (especially the X/Y control).  And there doesn't seem to be anyway to animation the X/Y pad via a LFO/curve/etc (like say Rob Papen's stuff).   Also doesn't resize.   I may be missing something, have to see if there is a manual or something other than the built in help.

It has a lot of the Output-style UI features but the installer is garbage.  It really insists on putting the plugins in a C:\Program Files\vstplugins and c:\Program Files (x86)\vstplugins directory, even if you don't use that and if you tell it where to stick it, it still puts it there and the place you picked.  It also installs the 32 bit version even if you had it turned off.  And it also stuck an extra copy of the vst3 version in the same dir I pointed it to for the VST2 (why would it do that?).  I get tired of cleaning up after installers.

I guess I should be happy, I got it using points so it was essentially free.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

To be honest I think they are missing a few things, I can't seem to MIDI learn any controls (especially the X/Y control).  And there doesn't seem to be anyway to animation the X/Y pad via a LFO/curve/etc (like say Rob Papen's stuff).   Also doesn't resize.   I may be missing something, have to see if there is a manual or something other than the built in help.

It has a lot of the Output-style UI features but the installer is garbage.  It really insists on putting the plugins in a C:\Program Files\vstplugins and c:\Program Files (x86)\vstplugins directory, even if you don't use that and if you tell it where to stick it, it still puts it there and the place you picked.  It also installs the 32 bit version even if you had it turned off.  And it also stuck an extra copy of the vst3 version in the same dir I pointed it to for the VST2 (why would it do that?).  I get tired of cleaning up after installers.

I guess I should be happy, I got it using points so it was essentially free.

I'll second the oddities about the installation.  I though I would just use their "Output Hub" to install.  I figured that was like Arturia Software Centeral, Waves Central, Native Access, or any of the other 100 auto downloaders/installers that are standard.  But no, this is just a downloader - you then have to run the actual installer.  You download it, and Output Hub now reports it is installed even though I didn't actually install it.   Huh?  I really don't know the purpose of this Output Hub.

And, as Matthew says, it just put the plugins where it wants, not where you want.  Garbage.

• Like 1