[Solved] Miroslav Philharmonic dll ignored by CbB. Please help

Afrodrum

Question

This is the older version of Miroslav Philharmonic (32b) but worked perfectly with latest Sonar Platinum. The dll file is in a proper VST folder. I have rerun installation of Miroslav several times and it is still not seen by CbB, VST scan says "0 new plugins". Same applies to Sample Tank 2.5 which can be used as a an alternative (sampler) skin for Miroslav sound libraries. Miroslav works fine as standalone, what should I do to make CbB recognize Miroslav as a VST instrument?  Please help

Edited by Afrodrum
Problem solved

10 answers to this question

When you say "The dll file is in a proper VST folder", can you confirm that it is in a folder that you know that CbB scans.  Also, have to gone into CbB preferences | Files | VST settings and performed a reset and scan (in that order).  Maybe enable "Scan in sandbox" and see of that makes a difference.

Hi, yes, it is in a folder listed for scanning  with other VSTs that work fine. "Scan in sandbox" was checked (even though I dont know what that means). Just in case I unchecked and then scanned and checked again and scanned but still nothing. 

Edited by Afrodrum

This same thing happened to me back last April when I installed CbB.  What you need to do is go to the IK Multimedia site and ask their tech support about it.  I don't remember exactly what they did, but the helped me with Miroslav.  I think they linked me to an update.

Good luck, Bro

😀John B.

This time success. "Rescan Failed" was quick and ended up with nothing but when I did that again with also "Rescan All" checked (this took c. 10 min) now I see them both and they load as a synth as expected. I have some registration problem now but this will be sorted out with IK.

BIG THANKS Scook  🙂

34 minutes ago, Johnbee58 said:

This same thing happened to me back last April when I installed CbB.  What you need to do is go to the IK Multimedia site and ask their tech support about it.  I don't remember exactly what they did, but the helped me with Miroslav.  I think they linked me to an update.

Good luck, Bro

😀John B.

I did that too. They said use Sample Tank 2.5 and import Miroslav sound library into it. 

10 hours ago, Afrodrum said:

I did that too. They said use Sample Tank 2.5 and import Miroslav sound library into it. 

Yeah, IIRC that's what they told me too.  To be honest, there's something that Miroslav loses in Sampletank.  It sounds better in the Miroslav interface.

😀JB