Do You See My Face

Douglas Kirby

As some mentioned on Always The Same, definitely a Kinks vibe on this one. As to the mastering, its definitely "hot" on my system.
Intro is a bit long for me (take that with a grain of salt), but I'm a "three minute" man myself; that being said you held my interest right to the end.
A+ at least on this one.

Tom

• Like 1

Douglas, I really enjoyed listening to this retro track. Has that old stones vibe to it right down to the guitars and vocals. Like it was made in a studio from that period. I mean that as a high compliment. I also use the Abbey Road TG mastering chain often. Does an exceptional job.Ā 

Congrats on another track well done!

• Like 1

DeeringAmps - I'm glad you liked the song - thanks for listening.Ā Ā 

JohnBee58 - I"m glad you liked it - thanks for listening.Ā  I worked hard on the mix - I hope it's decent.

Old Joad - Thanks for listening.Ā  I noticed you mentioned the mixĀ was dirty - I used the Voxengo Voxformer on this one for the lead vocal - you can dial in some nice dirt for the lead vocal with it - it's a cool vocal plug.

jerrydf - I'm glad you liked the song - thanks for listening.

Starise - Yeah, the Abbey Road TG Mastering plug is impressive - I've been using Ozone Standard 9 for songs on this album, but I decided to give the Abbey Road a try on this one - I thought it worked out well. I used it on some of the tracks too. Thanks for the compliment on the mix sounding vintage - that's cool with me.

daryl1968 - I try to sing decent BGVs - I figure it adds to the song's character.

Hey, Douglas,

You've got a really cool, punchy classic rocker here!šŸ˜€

Well written, performed and sung, the layered vocals are pure dynamite, and I really loved the guitar parts, especially the solo.Ā  The guitar tone was absolutely perfect for the style of the song, and the playing was super!šŸ‘

As the guys mentioned above, this definitely has the classic Stones vibe, and the mix is right on the money for the genre.

Dynamite stuff, Douglas, keep 'em coming, buddy!šŸ˜€

Have a good one!
Bob

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Bob Oister said:

Hey, Douglas,

You've got a really cool, punchy classic rocker here!šŸ˜€

Well written, performed and sung, the layered vocals are pure dynamite, and I really loved the guitar parts, especially the solo.Ā  The guitar tone was absolutely perfect for the style of the song, and the playing was super!šŸ‘

As the guys mentioned above, this definitely has the classic Stones vibe, and the mix is right on the money for the genre.

Dynamite stuff, Douglas, keep 'em coming, buddy!šŸ˜€

Have a good one!
Bob

Hey Bob - I appreciate your comments - thanks for listening.