Zoom R16 Issue

clive jones

Question

Long story but finally got around to loading Cakewalk for Bandlab. Trying to connect my Zoom R16 audio interface .

Device is recognised but only the one channel, being; LEFT   RIGHT   Stereo (ie; missing the other 7, not visible).

I have 16 channels on the Zoom - previously in Cakewalk, I would see the R-L-Stereo combo for all 8 channels giving me access to 16 monos.

Any ideas on why I can only see the one Channel?

I have updated the Zoom software and Firmware, re-booted, sworn, cajoled and pleaded... etc...

Thx

11 answers to this question

I own a Zoom R16 ( it's sitting in a box in my closet at the moment as a backup to the interface I'm using now). I've never encountered the problem you are having, so I probably can not help much, but the only problems I ever encountered was that you had to have the Zoom powered up and connected before you started your DAW or it would throw things off and you had to make sure the sample rate was the same on the Zoom as your DAW. Every once in a while the Zoom would  power up at 48khz instead of 44.1khz or vice versa for some odd reason. But if the sample rate was different it would throw things off too. Good luck.

Pk. Unforts I am not at my PC at the moment, so no screenshot for today. 

The PC picks up the Zoom as the audio device so no problem there and, as I stated, Cakewalk does recognise it but only registers the one channel. 

I will check the 48khz vs 44.1khz  & sample rate points. 
thx. 

I've just discovered Cakewalk and realised I'm supposed to be able to link my Zoom R16 to it. I've experienced the same issue at Clive - only one channel is linked. I've followed a Youtube video by Audio Sorcerer to set up the audio interface, but it doesn't solve the problem.

Has anyone any inspiration?

Thanks

Although, I have never owned or used this machine, I have used similar recorders. I had a look at the documentation for it and there are only 2 Outs ( 1 stereo ).

I'm sure that if you want to record more than two tracks at once, you could record them on your Zoom and transfer the audio files into Cakewalk. I  don't know offhand how to do it, but I'm sure that there is a way. Tip: take the SD card out of your recorder and put it in your computer, it's way faster than USB.