Original Song - You Said I

Bevan

I like the melody this tune has. I think there is a lot of room for more in the arrangement - bass guitar, for instance. But I can hear the 1980's calling this -  cool parts for this all over the place - should be fun for you to flesh this out a little.

Unrelated, but check out BjornPdx on this site, listen to his vocals - similar timbre to your voice, only he is a little . . . older :)

I think your song is a diamond in the rough in an embryo in the womb. Would like to hear where it goes!

cheers,

-Tom

2 minutes ago, emeraldsoul said:

I like the melody this tune has. I think there is a lot of room for more in the arrangement - bass guitar, for instance. But I can hear the 1980's calling this -  cool parts for this all over the place - should be fun for you to flesh this out a little.

Unrelated, but check out BjornPdx on this site, listen to his vocals - similar timbre to your voice, only he is a little . . . older :)

I think your song is a diamond in the rough in an embryo in the womb. Would like to hear where it goes!

cheers,

-Tom

Thanks, I was overthinking of what more I could add to it and completely forgot about the bass guitar. I am normally doing a drum loop, bass and either guitar or piano on all my other songs so far.

My voice actually struggles with the verses for this song because it's too thick / classical-ish for quiet sections, but I figured out what I had to do was reduce the mid tones and increase the low and high using Nectar software. My other demo I just posted of Mr. King Dice has my unedited vocals and what suits me a lot better.

Bhavesh, you've definitely raised the bar for yourself on this on. The drum track on this one is much "tighter" than past efforts.
At 1:47 - 1:55 there's a distinct change in the vocal, a punch in?, or a deliberate vocal effect?
As Tom (emeraldsoul) said above, you've sketched this out nicely, now you can fill it in and bring it back to us.
You're definitely moving forward, I think we'll all enjoy watching you grow artistically and technically.

Tom

2 hours ago, DeeringAmps said:

Bhavesh, you've definitely raised the bar for yourself on this on. The drum track on this one is much "tighter" than past efforts.
At 1:47 - 1:55 there's a distinct change in the vocal, a punch in?, or a deliberate vocal effect?
As Tom (emeraldsoul) said above, you've sketched this out nicely, now you can fill it in and bring it back to us.
You're definitely moving forward, I think we'll all enjoy watching you grow artistically and technically.

Tom

At 1:47 its a deliberate vocal change into my choir voice to add more power to that part.

And I tried shortening my name again but the forum will keep on resetting it.

Edited by Bhav

Bhav
Not sure what genre it's in but I like it. Piano accom to  poetry reading. You could almost cut everything else out and it would work. Well just my opinion.

I use Nectar on my vocals (it's essential really) always high pass shelf up to about 150Hz then boost some of the mids. Doing that removes a lot of the roughness in my voice to the point of a near acceptable tone. And then there's Melodyne...
Often I just give up and do the talk/sing thing.

1 hour ago, bjornpdx said:

Bhav
Not sure what genre it's in but I like it. Piano accom to  poetry reading. You could almost cut everything else out and it would work. Well just my opinion.

I use Nectar on my vocals (it's essential really) always high pass shelf up to about 150Hz then boost some of the mids. Doing that removes a lot of the roughness in my voice to the point of a near acceptable tone. And then there's Melodyne...
Often I just give up and do the talk/sing thing.

All the songs I've written are a blend of Alicia Keys and Norah Jones, plus a few Ragtime influenced upbeat tracks. I have about 3 albums worth of leading tracks written that are on par with this track, albeit myself still learning and improving both the recording and singing.

I'm currently working on another cover of an RnB balad that fits my natural voice a lot better without needing to edit anything as another vocal demo.

Well I finished the intro and recording all the vocals for my next cover, I think I'll try adding bass and maybe strings to this track now.

Edited by Bhav

I like the melody that seems to be developing on this one.  I don't think the beat quite matches what you're trying to do, though.  I'd try perhaps a slower more ballad type beat or a slow R & B.  But keep doing what you're doing.  It's sounding better.

🙂John B