I would welcome the darkness!

Kurre

19 hours ago, Tezza said:

No, I would not be able to stand that. My bedroom is free of all electrical equipment and everything all over the house is turned off at the power point when I go to bed. That might be because electricity is so expensive here but also, I just don't like going to bed knowing there are things on. I am a bit OCD there, I will check and double check and sometimes triple check all power points are off before going to bed or going out.

Does the fridge and freezer get a free pass or do you also turn them off?

• Haha 1

Thanks evereybody for checking this topic out. 🤝

What it boils down to is:

Manufacturers, please stop putting leds on everything you produce.

If a led is necessary make it extremely small and faint. There's no need to see it 50 foot away.

🤗

1 hour ago, Kurre said:

Thanks evereybody for checking this topic out. 🤝

What it boils down to is:

Manufacturers, please stop putting leds on everything you produce.

If a led is necessary make it extremely small and faint. There's no need to see it 50 foot away.

🤗

No kidding!  It's actually hard to find new computer gear that's not COVERED in RGB lighting (some of which has no "off" switch)!

4 hours ago, paulo said:

Does the fridge and freezer get a free pass or do you also turn them off?

Never thought about it until now. Damn it, you've presented me with another problem now that I never realized existed. I won't able able to sleep tonight!

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, emeraldsoul said:

Well, I guess it takes all kinds, because I actually like all of those little beacons of technology.

They remind me of how I'm not living in the seventies anymore. It's cool! Give me the blue jewels over the useless flashing "12:00" on the Betamax.

I often wonder why devices with digital clocks don't include a capacitor to keep the timer going when the power is out.

When the power blinks at home I have to reset the microwave, stove, answering machine and a few other displays.

Insights and incites by Notes

5 hours ago, Notes_Norton said:

I often wonder why devices with digital clocks don't include a capacitor to keep the timer going when the power is out.

That just reminded me of my grandad who never ceased to be amazed how the clock in his car always knew what time it was when he started it up again. When it automatically adjusted for winter/summer time that would just blow his mind........