Crack CbB with Sampletank

While I cannot read the message you displayed - I can tell you that the error is an access violation error - meaning that Sampletank tried to access memory that did not belong to it.  This usually means some memory pointer within the plugin either had a value of zero, or was valued with either a pointer to memory that the plugin had discarded, or just some garbage value that did not point to a valid piece of memory.

Since a dump file was created, you can send that to the Cakewalk support folks, at  support@cakewalk.com., though if the file is too large to attach to an email, you can use a file hosting service, such as Dropbox, to upload the dump file there, than can 'share' that dump file from Dropbox, with  support@cakewalk.com, and they can see it there.  In the email, try to provide as much information on your system specs, and whatever steps you can provide, as to what you were trying to do in Cakewalk when it failed.

If you open a support ticket first, at: https://help.cakewalk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new you can add the ticket number to your email with the dump file, and that will help them manage your issue.

If you are crashing using a VST 3 version of Sampletank, you might try using the VST 2 version of it, to see if that helps.  Sometimes, certain plugins don't work with VST 3 versions, but do work fine using the VST 2 version, so that might be worth a try.  Please note, that by default, Cakewalk hides VST 2 versions of plugins, when a VST 3 version is also available, and you would have to turn that option off in order to see both the VST 2 and VST 3 versions of your plugins.  You can find that option in Preferences > File > VST Settings, near the middle of the screen, under VST 3 Migration - remove the check from the box, for the parameter labeled: Hide Related VST 2 Plug-ins, and then click Apply, and you should then see the VST 2 version of Sampletank show up to be able to use it in your project.

Bob Bone

• Like 1

Oh, your message and the subject line for your post, used the word 'Crack' - the correct word for when the program fails, is 'Crash'.

In music software terms, the word 'Crack' usually refers to software that has been illegally hacked to allow use without a proper license.

(Just thought you might want to know - I know it is difficult to communicate in a different language - I know some French, and some Romanian, but not enough to have a discussion with anyone).

Bob Bone

• Like 1