Piano roll - draw velocity (??)

my03

Hi,

almost ashamed to ask, but during all of my years with previous incarnations of Sonar, i always had the velocity drawing tool available in the piano roll, but now after upgrading to Bandlab, it seems to be lost. How on earth can i get that drawing/line tool back that will let me "draw" my velocity on the tracks?

Appreciate your answer reginaldStjohn, but while it does seem to help a bit, it does not go all the way unfortunately. I do get a floating toolbar (much like the one i got at the top with smart, select, move, edit, draw and erase) but neither of the options in the toolbar allows me to "draw" the velocity free-hand like i used to be able to do.

I have tried to alter the drop down (Notes/Velocity)  to only be "velocity" but that does not seem to result in anything (in my case).

Yes drawing velocity and controllers happens in the controller pane. Here is an example drawing velocity using the smart tool.

i8qBUAL.gif

There is a "Show/Hide Controller Pane" setting on the PRV View menu. The controller pane may be resized by dragging the sash between the notes and controller panes.

• Like 1

ohhhh!!! 

chris and scook, you were spot on. It was hiding underneath the piano-roll 😄 I did not notice that it was possible to "roll up" another pane with the velocity settings.

Thx heaps to you.

br

• Thanks 1