Ozone 9 - v9_02 vst load time

Tez

In both the last Splat and current CbB, the latest Ozone 9 VSTs (2 & 3) have excessive load times, this is on W10 1903 latest update.
For example a test project that had only 2 output buses each with an instance of Ozone 9 took 30 seconds plus to load.

Is anyone else experiencing this with CbB??

@noynekker

Supported Hosts:

Logic Pro X, Ableton Live 9–10, Pro Tools 12.8-2019, FL Studio 20, Cubase 9–10, Nuendo 10, Wavelab 9, Sound Forge Pro 13, Sound Forge Mac 3, Studio One 4, REAPER 5, Reason 10, Audition CC 2019, Premiere Pro CC 2019, MASCHINE 2, Komplete Kontrol, Bitwig Studio 3, Final Cut Pro X.

Guess we're not in there... But, Cubase from some forum I saw,  had the same issue with v9_01, maybe Noel knows something??

8 hours ago, Noel Borthwick said:

If you are seeing big differences in load times between product versions it's best to contact izotope directly and let them know.

Thanks @Noel Borthwick, I am and I have... The support rep wanted a dump. First is there any objection to sending a dump of CbB and second, this would be after the fact, the load would have occurred, would there be any significant value to the exercise in your opinion?

• Great Idea 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Guys.

I am a Reaper user (Win10/64), but I noticed the same issue  (Ozone 9 adv takes eternity to load). Moreover, until recently it used to take same amount of time under iZotope RX7 adv... sigh.

But, today I needed to register one synth using an iLok app (iZotope's products I usually register through their own app) and geez... I don't know what happened, whether it was iLok (somehow!) or something else (I even don't know what exactly... because that was the only thing installed for couple of weeks), but now it starts as if it were v.8 Elements.

Again, I can't even imagine what happened on a deep level, but the fact is that after iLok app installation Ozone 9 ADV takes much less time to load under Reaper and RX7 ADV.

Maybe someone can understand and hopefully this may help somehow.

Cheers.

UPD: remembered one thing, might be important... along with that synth (Hybrid) or iLok app, I don't remember now, but I noticed that C++ 2005 Redistr has been installed (apparently it wasn't before)... so, most likely (well, may be) that is the root.

Have a great day, everyone!

- Stan

C++ 2005.PNG

Edited by earhears
remembered one thing

Well it's a nice thought @earhears, but I'm not sure . I think if there's a significant difference for your 2005 x64 & my 2005 x64 then you might be onto something, otherwise... What is that screen print you show, coz it don't look quite like  my Apps & Features in settings? Anyway my version is 8.0.61000 what's yours, you'll find it in "Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features"?

hi @Tez

this is an Uninstall Tool (https://www.crystalidea.com/uninstall-tool)

but you know what... today I tried to double check this idea and uninstalled the PACE service (associated with iLok, as I can understand) and... Ozone 9 adv returned to its oh-so-slow loading manner. Then I had rolled things back (iLok is installed) and it works much faster again.

I don't know what's happening on a deep level, but I see what I see :)

Hmmm... I don't need a tool to uninstall my 2005 x64. Regardless there's no problem with multiple versions, but the question still remains... What's your version, as before you'll find it in "Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features"?

C++ 2005..? 8.0.61000

But again, somehow iLok plays a role here... because after iLok has been uninstalled, Ozone started to be loaded very slowly (and otherwise - I'd rolled back an iLok and Ozone now starts pretty fast).

My OS is Win10/64 home, 1909, build 18363.476

Your OS is the same as mine, there are multiple "Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable (x64)" versions and each has a version number mine is 8.0.61000, you can find yours by looking in Control Panel>Programs>Programs and Features under Name "Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable (x64)"  the last column is the "Version". If yours differs from mine that may be significant, on the other hand authorization via  iLok might improve load times... Who knows 😁?

might be funny, I agree... iLok, an authorization tool, right..?

but just once again, I checked  the OZ9 load time before and after installation of iLok and with 2005 installed).

and as I saw it, iLok pushes tons of stuff with itslef, and sure thing I don't know what exactly works here.

Does it work for you, btw..? did you check this idea with iLok for yourself?

Don't have anything that needs iLok, so never have used it, nor inclined to at this point. I did actually send a link for a CbB dump of test project with nothing but 2 Oz9 VSTs that took 30 secs to load and that was the last I heard. Another weirdness was with the standalone app, by the way I've got the Standard not the Advanced. If I launch the app, create a new project and import an audio file, but close the project and don't save the changes it should delete the imported audio, but it doesn't. Oz7s VST loads quick, and the app deletes unsaved project imports. Have you found any other glitches?

I use an adv verson of OZ9, but yeah, it used to take 30-ish sec to load until this iLok stuff (both Reaper and RX7 adv).

I don't use Standalone versions of 7 and 9 (I've got both, too), so I cannot say anything here. As for the other glitches... hm... no, I didn't notice anything else so far.