Ozone 9 - v9_02 vst load time

Tez

Well, if you get a chance, and only if you feel like it, try the standalone, create a project, import an audio file, close the project and don't save it, and see if deletes the imported audio. The support rep I reported this to, said she couldn't make that happen, but it does, so wondering if there's a remote chance it's just me 😮.

hi @Tez

honestly, I don't even know what that is... another name for Cakewalk..?

anyway, most likely not

I've got a Reaper and RX7 ADV as my main (and the only) DAWs. For my purposes - completely sufficient.

Did you try to install iLok? I know, you were telling me that you've got nothing to lisense through it, but there's no harm to give it a try, at least.

Let me re-iterate --- I noticed pretty significant difference in OZ9 ADV loading time with and without iLok (you saw my video)... and I checked it intentionally. Perhaps iLok lets OZ9 to "forget" to double check its license or something like that.

Thanks for the info @pwalpwal,

Already saw the 1st link a while ago, iZotope thinks 9_02 solved all or most of the 9_01 issues, but it didn't, they've got my CbB dump, this time around, guess they're slow on the uptake...

Unfortunately the 2nd link, is what you said "generic", viz. the snail pace load time not apropos... But if you spot anything else do give a shout...

Edited by Tez

• 3 months later...

Hello everyone,

I had the same problem with slow Ozone launch (although in other DAW). It took almost 130 seconds to start Ozone as VST and almost the same to re-open the window once closed. That made the plugin useless. As part graphical designer had by default NVidia card selected. I changed it to integrated Intel and … a miracle had happened. Ozone 9 starts in 4 and re-opens in 2 sec.

Maybe this would help other confused/frustrated Izotope customers’

Cheers

Filip

• 5 months later...
On 12/7/2019 at 5:15 PM, earhears said:

I absolutely don't insist that it has something to do with iLok... but maaaan, it looks like that... at least on my side

Wow... I should of listen to you 10 months ago... After getting no useful help from iZotope support I finally, out of frustration, installed iLok...  All the O9 Advanced components now load swiftly, 2-3 seconds 😁. So, thanks @earhears for the tip!

iLok installs Apples "Bonjour Service",  I guess it's used for iLok license management, but since I'm 100% computer authorized I stopped the service which, fortunately, had no negative effects.  So why iLok fixed the load times is a still mystery. It's a pity that a 1/4 of Gigs worth of software had to be downloaded to fix it.

Update: FYI - It seems that the iLok component that enables a fast VST load time is the "PACE License Services", stop this service and the load times go back to a protracted 20+ seconds...

Edited by Tez

I use the PC -authorised Oz9 version and not iLok,and still see the same as everyone above,however as I'm a first time Ozone customer a few months back,I have no benchmark.Plus my system is quite low spec and I have to make a lot of compromises when using both Oz9 Adv and Neutron3Adv as the Machine Learning embedded in some of the component plugins is very CPU cycle-intensive.

I've seen various accounts on YouTube that Oz9 loads a lot faster than Oz8,however I can't attest to this claim in the context of CbB.

Regards.

Neil.

@Neil Cummins just as an FYI, O9 and O9 advanced component VSTs took 20+ seconds to load in CbB and FLStudio so, not specific to a DAW, and installing iLok, which I'm not intending to use, fixed this issue.  20+ seconds to load a VST is obscene especially since Nectar 3 and Neutron 3 Advanced didn't have this problem.  Post load performance will depend on your spec, but if you have a protracted load time each O9 component instance compounds, which can seriously slow opening CbB projects that use multiples, if this is your situation maybe iLok can help.

Update: FYI - It seems that the iLok component that enables a fast VST load time is the "PACE License Services", stop this service and the load times go back to a protracted 20+ seconds...

Edited by Tez

ah, that is interesting. i use ilok a lot and had updated the software after i did the video drivers - so it would have been interesting to see if that would have also changed things. definitely not happy at the newer UI approach Izotope took which seems very sensitive to things is should be ignoring... but it's working again so i'm mollified for the moment...

Yup, I thought maybe you might have iLok after I installed it! If you check the Task Manager you'll see for CbB with an open O9 window high GPU and Power usage, O7 is half or less, close the window and it drops to zero and low, iLok installed or not, the price of "Pretty" graphics 😴...

Edited by Tez