Note name in PRV question

Neel Modi

Loving the new feature that shows note names on the notes in PRV! However, it uses both flats and sharps at the same time. Is there a way to get it to conform to a specific key signature? I inserted a key change at measure 1 to Ab (3 flats) but PVR still shows both Bb's and G#s in the PRV. Any way to change this?

Thanks!

Neel

PRV notes.PNG

1 hour ago, Neel Modi said:

Is there a way to get it to conform to a specific key signature?

Yes but it may be more trouble than it's worth.

To alter the default behavior requires extending master.ins with the desired note names and using the notes names dialog to load the custom names.

One downside to this approach is the inability of the DAW to recall the alternate note name assignments. Unlike drum maps, the notes pane always opens with the default keyboard.

2 hours ago, scook said:

Yes but it may be more trouble than it's worth.

To alter the default behavior requires extending master.ins with the desired note names and using the notes names dialog to load the custom names.

One downside to this approach is the inability of the DAW to recall the alternate note name assignments. Unlike drum maps, the notes pane always opens with the default keyboard.

Hmm, this looks like it's part of an instrument definition, not a master override. TBH, I don't know if I'd pick flats or sharps for a general setting....