Feature Request: Native Instruments NKS Support Please

JonnyS

i am a fan of NKS (since i use NI Maschine & Komplete Kontrol), but NKS only works for things that have NKS.  download NI's free Komplete Kontrol software to get an idea of what NKS is/does, but if you don't own any NKS-plugins already, it will be tough to see what NKS is/does.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello !

Yes, full integration of Komplete Kontrol would be just perfect !
When, for example, I create several tracks, everything works. But when I switch from one track to the other, the integration doesn't work automatically (the keyboard doesn't react on the parameters, lights, etc. of different loaded instruments).

With other DAWs (such as Cubase), it works. I tried Cubase today, because I wanted a DAW that fully works with the NKS. But after 2 days of using Cubase, I can say one thing : my favourite DAW is CWB !
I use Cakewalk (and before Sonar) since many many years.

Even if it would be an option, I would pay for it ! But pleaaaaaase, great Bandlab team, do it ! 

Thank You

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Well, the latest version of Sitala is updating the drum names in Cakewalk's PRV now. A next step, like implementing something called the Light Guide in Cakewalk, to highlight Kontakt libraries' keyswitches colors next to the PRV keys would be very welcome life improvement ;).

light guide.jpg

2 minutes ago, chris.r said:

Well, the latest version of Sitala is updating the drum names in Cakewalk's PRV now.

This is a part of the VST spec. Cakewalk has supported this feature for years. A few developers take advantage of it, Cakewalk did for Session Drummer, FXpansion does for the BFD series. Any VST developer that adds the appropriate data to their plug-in will automatically populate the PRV and step sequencer labels.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Mark Nicholson said:

I can totally see paying for such a plug-in. We pay for plenty of plug-ins already 😜

It's not a plugin. And you don't pay for it. The developer does. Have you noticed that Player compatible libraries are more expensive than ones that aren't Player compatible? That's because the developer pays a fixed percentage per license sold. I don't know what the deal is for NKS but starts with you and some sort of partnership deal with NI.